OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking N64 tastic to me

2s191jk.jpg

Now I wait for LEGO Batman DS screens. Should be a good game me thinks, Travellers Tales did a good job on the last Star Wars DS game though if you own other consoles you'll probably want them instead of this.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks exactly like Lego Star Wars Complete Saga, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Once they put some time into development, that turned out to be a great game.

I wouldn't expect anything new and innovating, but I'll definitely give it a play to re-experience the story.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The lego star wars was to much a copy of the console version. It just didnt fit the screen and that was because the levels where exactly the same but then with the camera 1 inch of the ground. If they did that different in this game it could be nice, the gfx look good.

NYCvinster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be great if they started making these lego games from zombie and horror movies....more than cool to control or fight using little lego zombie-men!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wants:
LEGO Dawn of the Dead
LEGO Evil Dead
LEGO Doctor Who (possible)
LEGO Planet Terror

I think LEGO Harry Potter will probably be next though seeing as there's already toys available, but probably not by Travellers Tales as EA owns the HP videogame brand, unless TT are freelance or whatever.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LEGO Indiana Jones happened because it's a LucasArts licence, like Star Wars ... LEGO Bat-Man happened because DC wanted a cut of the pie that Marvel has been feeding from.

LEGO Doctor Who won't happen. It's over-licensed, and people have already gotten into trouble.

Next most likely LEGO games are LEGO Hulk or LEGO Spider-Man, with LEGO Harry Potter as close 3rd.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
LEGO Indiana Jones happened because it's a LucasArts licence, like Star Wars ... LEGO Bat-Man happened because DC wanted a cut of the pie that Marvel has been feeding from.

LEGO Doctor Who won't happen. It's over-licensed, and people have already gotten into trouble.

Next most likely LEGO games are LEGO Hulk or LEGO Spider-Man, with LEGO Harry Potter as close 3rd.
A man can dream can't he? WHY WON'T YOU LET ME DREAM!!!!

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dream, that one day all games will be Lego-fied!!!

But seriously, that looks neat, something new to play later next month.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first Lego Star Wars game for NDS was buggy shit. So bad that I wrote to Lucas Arts and they sent me a PS2 copy of the game. No joke.

The second Lego Star Wars game was what the first one should have been. LucasArts should have pulled the first one off the shelves in a recall. No excuse for that terrible game, characters falling through the levels, having impossible jumps due to fixed camera angles, and terrible AI for your partner that would sometimes get you stuck in a loop.

I look forward to future Lego series, I just hope they test it better this time around.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
The first Lego Star Wars game for NDS was buggy shit. So bad that I wrote to Lucas Arts and they sent me a PS2 copy of the game. No joke.

The second Lego Star Wars game was what the first one should have been. LucasArts should have pulled the first one off the shelves in a recall. No excuse for that terrible game, characters falling through the levels, having impossible jumps due to fixed camera angles, and terrible AI for your partner that would sometimes get you stuck in a loop.

I look forward to future Lego series, I just hope they test it better this time around.
I agree with you jester. I was one of the unfortunate souls who bought the first game. Still own it, in fact.

I like to think of it this way. That game, and the positive reviews it received (fucking liars), were the last straw that made me buy a flashcart.

Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga was the game I should have received, and I eventually did. So me and Lucas are about square at this point. I will never buy another game that comes out of their studio, so if this game happens to be decent, I will consider myself ahead in the game. The developers should be happy if they ever make a dime off this franchise. They didn't write the story, they just took their second attempt at a game, and molded someone else's story around it. I know if I had that level of quality control, I would have been fired three years ago.

So, in summary, I hope this game is fan-fucking-tastic. And if it is, I won't feel bad about not paying a red cent for it.

keras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks good. Cant wait to play that game

"Wants:
LEGO Dawn of the Dead
LEGO Evil Dead
LEGO Doctor Who (possible)
LEGO Planet Terror"

LEGO T3
LEGO Aliens

P

pasc

Hadrian said:
thebobevil said:

A man can dream can't he? WHY WON'T YOU LET ME DREAM!!!!

Cause Gbatemp will always burst everything they can *sob*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld