Not open for further replies.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--Ghamni
That shot was just showing that I will have to do some custom tile stuff with the leftover font stuff due to the monster database (screenshot your referring to) being associated with another file (the town/map data) one. For whatever reason it cuts the stuff off when there is a space in the name.

Honestly I would have liked to start with Sora no Kiseki 3rd but wanted to give xseed time to do it because I figured there was no way in hell they would ever get around to zero and ao at the rate they move especially since people are all the time screamning "the psp is dead" though my thoughts are mine charges just fine & plays any games I throw at it except Dragon Quest 7 LOL. There is the pc versions but I completely hate stuff that uses a license that needs you to be connected to the net, so I refuse to use steam and that is the platform they decided to go with on their releases. So that would be the only way I would ever see them getting caught up. I think I completely lost my train of thought on this one. I'm not sure how much all the games are intertwined but from the previous two posts and what little there is on the new about them, I would say that playing them in order is important.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooooo........ Pointers. Eboot style. Do you need to subtract a header for them to find them? I have been searching all the internet for an answer and have come up empty. Most stuff is for how to pirate games or ps3 stuff (which most of it, doesn't even relate to what I am asking). If that doesn't work, it looks like I am gonna try to delete all the non-readable text gibberish and try to find them that way.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NPJH50311_00040.jpg

Need a quick image translation please.

Hmm... that could prove to be a handy tool. Will give it a look when I get a chance.

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To the left of Arts you have "Move". Or better, "Movement", but I guess it's too long to be put there.
The other one is "Retreat". I've used Retreat all the time in the eboot, but if there's a space problem...you can go with "Run", or "Flee". "Withdraw" would be cool too, but...

I'm switching to sleep mode.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankfully the only limit here is how much time I wanna spend on making the letters. This is all graphic editing work. Thanks for the quick translation.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mock up test.png

Here is a mock up of what I am thinking of doing with the menu for the battles. What do people think? Also there is a little bit at the bottom that needs translation before I spend the next 4 hours working on the actual file. Does all the stuff match up according to the japanese counterpart?

c_waku3.png

Another sample shot. Everything match (or atleast pretty close since space is limited - see cooking pushing the edge. lol.)

Reactions: JamRules

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Above, that bottom part is in the eboot too.
It's the "Retreat Succes Rate".
How much % you have to make a successful retreat.

And it should be "Arts" due to the presence of that ツ

The second image:
-if you have used "items" in the first image, maybe you should use it at the plural in the second image too;
-for Equip and other stuff that leave space to the left, maybe centering it by putting useless blank spaces behind the words would be cool;
-it's not Cooking but "Food" (in general) and not Book but "Books" (this really is plural).

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what FC had in the localization. I don't know if you guys might want to change it up for accuracy or something with this game.
legend-of-heroes.jpg

5532631124_80719ec04b.jpg

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So they have Art instead of Arts, Run instead of Retreat and...Ing? (can't almost read...) instead of Food...
because as you can see those are really ingredients.

We should see what was there in the original jp version of FC.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my initial test. I now control the eboot. There is a difference of C0 between address and pointer value. This is excellent news for sure.

I will fix some of those things, but honestly I think I like retreat better than run and now that the sky is the limit for the eboot. I am gonna stick with it. My second choice for retreat was escape. Food will definitely be the one I go with instead of ING (ingredients).

On a side note, anybody know any other options for creating a space in shift jis besides hex code 20 and 8140 (which I might have to use but I'm worried will really throw stuff out of alignment) for the town text since the notebooks that use that information seem to cut the words off when there is a space.

Edited Part:
So as it seems, either gonna have to have some asm work to expand the boxes or do some tweaking of translation. See "Inherit:Combi Craft Enhancement: overlap the "Unlock". Maybe go with seal and open for the unlock.... who knows. Not a pressing issue.

NPJH50311_00040.jpg

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oooh, it's taking shape.

I have noticed a slight problem with a name and a "monster name".
警備隊 was translated as Guardian Force (lit. Garrison or Defense/Security Force) but in the monster section there is 警備隊員 (lit. Guard) and it was translated as Ranger.
員 indicates that the guy/gal is a member of the 警備隊. So:

1) Guardian Force is correct and Ranger should be Guardian Force Member or something similar;
2) Guardian Force is wrong and it should be Ranger/s Force;
3) they are both correct because the members of the Guardian Force are called Rangers and both the words are found somewhere in the game or in the series, are canon or something well known and established.

On another note, Book 4 is complete.

Reactions: GHANMI

xrainex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guardian Force is canon (it appears on their crest)
there's no official name for its members, I'd just go with guardian force members

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel free to make any changes to the monster names if they don't match. The ranger thing was my doing and I will be the first to say my translation skills are not the best. I'd honestly say more like an educated guess at best. There is all kinds of reference stuff on the net and I also frequent the falcom site for some of the things I translated. Good for names of stuff.

Had to make some "executive" (lol) decisions with this stuff but all in all, I think it looks pretty good!

NPJH50311_00041.jpg

NPJH50311_00042.jpg

It sure isn't pretty but I got this fixed also... Had to use 0x8140 (big space) instead of 0x20 (normal space) since it liked to cut the stuff off when I used the normal space.

NPJH50311_00043.jpg

Reactions: xrainex

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So finally finished that attack menu screen. What do you think? I know it doesn't exactly match what xseed did with trails, but the stuff that is different I think is much cooler sounding (i.e. retreat instead of run).

NPJH50311_00044.jpg

Will make a guide on editing these special image files when I get a chance for those interested in translating any other falcom games.

Reactions: xrainex and G-Han

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pfft, seems awesome to me, and sure it's going to be different, different people and different games, looks awesome! Most important thing is that it's English! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1