Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I posted in the spreadsheet a progress report for those interested in knowing what is going on. It is pretty basic but at least you can get an idea of what is happening behind the scenes if I don't say anything for an extended period of time.

About the space question for text in the description. 64x2 for both upper and lower case m/M. 63 would probably be the best bet so something doesn't get cut off at the end.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I am posting today with a request for technical assistance.
I need the save file where it is at end game and you have like 99 of each item. Actually one of each item would be fine.
I have a tool to insert translated item names and descriptions and want to test it more than I already have. The tool inserts all of the items at once. You kinda have to as if you insert just one, you end up with results like what zero g posted.

Thank you to raine who helped us translate the item names. Without raine, none of this would be possible.
Note that since we have a tool, it'll be a cinch if improvements need to be made later.
I am willing to share my tool, please let me know if there is interest.

FYI: Every item was inserted, but I haven't done the weapons yet.

Once I have the save file I'll scroll through the list like you can do in-game and make a note of any length problems. Or I'll share the tool and someone else can.

aSIKKXH.png

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally just finished editing the ittxt_1 file to make ready for manual insertion only to discover you made a tool :P. PM it my way if you don't mind. Gonna be making a few revisions on some of the descriptions.

Give me a little bit and I will try to whip up some codes for all items. Just gotta load the game up on my PSP.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least this way you won't need to edit the text 2 file. :)
I'm usually a very pessimistic person but... in this case I think it's safe to look on the bright side.
NOTE: I'm still not a very good programmer...

So can I persuade you to change the title of this topic with the game name (Zero no Kiseki)? I know it's your intention to eventually do both, but...

I think all of our tools should be public so I'll post the details here. If people want to "steal" my tools (it's not really stealing, you have my permission) to create their own project then that's a win, I think. Also, if people want to steal them to create a foreign language translation, it's also a win, even though it doesn't benefit me personally.

1. Get the tool here (pastebin).
2. Prepare your input files:
2a. Rename your t_ittxt._dt or t_ittxt2._dt as *.orig.
2b. Go to the sheet you want to insert in Google Sheets and copy the first 3 columns into your spreadsheet program.
2c. Delete the Japanese column.
2d. Trim the file. Delete the first and last line, leaving only the data to be inserted.
2e. Save the file in CSV format as FILENAME.data where FILENAME is either t_ittxt or t_ittxt2. Use SHIFT-JIS encoding and the tab delimiter. Save the file in the same directory as the original source data from (2a).
3. Run the program using python. I named mine ZnKitemtool.py but you can name it whatever you like (no arguments).
3a. Description of program operation: creates a file, t_ittxt._dt or t_ittxt2._dt, using both the original source data and the translations file, that's suitable for insertion into the game.
4. Open \data\cclm\system\sysstart.bcc using your hex editor. Zero out the rows corresponding to the file you're looking to insert and then save the file. You only need to do this once.
5a. Check the size of the output file. Convert it into hexadecimal using whatever method you prefer. I prefer this site. And then make a note of that value.
5b. Open \USRDIR\data.lst with your hex editor. Find the value 0xF893 (original size of t_ittxt._dt, 0x93F8 or 37880 bytes, but with the bytes reversed per little-endian format).
5c. Replace that value with the new size in hex. Remember to reverse the bytes.
5d. Save the file.
6. Insert the files using UMDgen and save your image. Enjoy!

The above steps will work if you are running on t_ittxt._dt.
If you want to run on t_ittxt2._dt, you need to modify the program as follows:
1) Find/replace all "t_ittxt" with "t_ittxt2". That will modify lines 17, 18 and 80.
2) Modify the value on line 22 to 0x10
Sorry, I'm not a good programmer. The value on line 22 is telling the program where the first table pointer it needs to replace is. If you want to, you can create a version of the tool that's just for t_ittxt2, so you only need to modify the program once.

Let me know how things work out. If you want to do some testing, that's fine too.

I don't know if people care, but I'm posting anyway: As stated above, the original size of t_ittxt._dt was 37880 bytes and the new size was 42136 bytes, an increase of 4256 bytes or 11%. The actual % increase is more than that due to a small amount of non-user text in the file. That's for the test insert I did only, but the final value will likely be very close to that.

These text data files (t_ittxt._dt or t_ittxt2._dt) have a very regular format that makes it possible to make a tool like this that works well. You shouldn't spend your time on manual insertion. It would take even more of your time to put the actual item names and descriptions manually into the item table using the hex editor. I know because I did just that for the Brandish items table. I want your time spent to be making decisions, like "What is the best translation for this line?" and the like. We will be using a tool to insert the script too, I promise you. We can't afford to waste time like that with such a big project.

xrainex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
decided to make an account here, first time posting, hey guys!
judging from that screenshot a few posts up, looks like everything's going smoothly :) I'm totally clueless when it comes to programming, hacking, etc so have to leave that to you guys. I'm surprised at how fast the translation for the item/weapons got done even though there's like 1400ish lines combined on the spreadsheet, I wonder who the other person is that's doing the translations too? I feel like it went by so much faster because there's someone else (or maybe more than one person?) doing those item descriptions with me.
Anyway, some of the descriptions may be too long judging by what you guys are saying about the allowed text length
hopefully whoever's editing them can shrink them a bit, or reword things a bit I guess :P I didn't really pay attention to text length when translating
oh and I didn't touch the translations that were already done (briefly scanned through them though) so if character names/certain Kiseki terms turn up in those, probably have to edit
there's still a part to the game achievements tab that's not done btw, need monster names for 3 of the translations, and since I'm horrible at coming up with monster names, I left it as ???.

Reactions: flame1234

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is at least 3 other people working on the translation stuff. I know there was somebody really knocking the dialog stuff out till I locked it down to make a more complete set of dumps with background information (upon request). But I am honestly surprised too. I would occasionally check on stuff to see how it was going or to try to knock a few lines of translation out (mostly items, weapons, monsters.... easy stuff). Were you the one who mentioned a fan book thing you were using raine? Is it something in a physical form or a virtual pc thing... Was curious because I would like to see one of those. I think there is two of them isn't there - a character one and another one I think I found trying to research them.

--flame
Gonna have to put them back into a spreadsheet after I get done editing some punctuation and stuff back into them. The spreadsheet program wanted to use utf-8 for symbols and the file is shift-jis (actually cp392 - some shift-jis stuff is completely missing the icon like the circle numbers and such). I actually have a really nice table file I made for working on the original Legend of Heroes PSX stuff. About the save file, it is as I feared for making the cheats. It can be done but it is gonna take a lot of time. Doing them for Trails took me almost 2 weeks of trial and error to get them all. But we will have a good save before all is said and done. I am gonna try to put out a patch for people who want to help but don't do hacking or translation. When looking over the dialog names, some of them leave questions in my mind as to what exact meaning they are - some translate to guest, tourist, and words like that.... but then you have times where other stuff translates to the same thing but uses another kanji or hiaragana/katakana combo. So I think I will have people play through the game and take either screenshots or give some info on what they are doing so we can use the proper term.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Libreoffice is free and will do what you need.
Make sure, "Edit Filter Settings" is checked.
ePc1Wae.png

Make sure delimiter is tab and text delimiter is blank.
Y7E0KHk.png

EDIT: Make sure the "character set" is whatever you need. For my test, I used SHIFT-JIS (Japanese) but a different character set will likely work.

xrainex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zero-
Ah yeah, I was the one who mentioned the fanbooks. Those are in physical form and there are a couple of fanbooks spanning the entire Kiseki series, I was using the Zero one mostly to check on official names for locations/buildings/characters if they're available. I thought it would be faster than going in game, but I ended up going in-game to check on building names anyway (from the store signs). Good thing I still have a save where I can access the entire Crossbell region.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna be heading to bed soon but I thought I would get some feedback on some of the revisions I was thinking about.
Investigation Notebookx00Leather bound book that's proof of police rank.\nConfirm investigation status and other info.

Investigation Notebook
A leather bound book the provides proof of police rank.\n
It is used to confirm investigation status and other improtant information.

Cooking Notebookx00For recording recipes.\nCan cook anytime, if there's ingredients.

Cooking Notebook
You can use it for remembering your recipes.\n
Allows you to cook anytime as long as you have the required ingredients.

Fishing Notebookx00Record info on fish caught.

Fishing Notebook
Use it to keep a record of the fish you have caught.\n
Now you will have proof of that 100 lb. fish. --------not in the game but I thought it would be funny.

Combat Notebookx00Book for recording info on ecountered enemies.

Combat Notebook
A notebook full of information about all you enemy encounters.\n
Makes a good reference when trying to decide you method of offense. --------also not in the game. LOL.

Crossbell State Mapx00Map of Crossbell State.\nIt is possible to confirm the current location.

Crossbell State Map
A map of the Crossbell State.\n
Now you are able to confirm your current location.

Map of Crossbell Cityx00Comprehensive map of Crossbell City for tourists.\nDependable ally of the city walkers 「citizens」

Crossbell City Map
A comprehensive map of Crossbell City used by tourists.
It is a must have for those who travel on foot in the city.

Practice Weaponx00Can't expect much attack power,\nbut it's better than nothing?

Pratice Weapon
Can't expect much in the line of attack power,\n
but it sure is better than nothing?

Tactics Book - Starx00Manuscript allows mastery of powerful link skill.\nRandy and Elie will learn [Riot Star].

Tactics Book - Star
A manuscript that allows the mastery of a powerful link skill.\n
Randy and Elie learn 「Riot Star」.

Tactics Book - Moonx00Manuscript allows mastery of powerful link skill.\nTio and Elie will learn [Cold Gehenna].

Tactics Book - Moon
Tio and Elie learn 「Cold Gehanna」.

Tactics Book - Sunx00Manuscript allows mastery of powerful link skill.\nRandy and Tio will learn [Harken Storm].

Tactics Book - Sun
Randy and Tio learn 「Harken Storm」.

Novice Rodx00Easy-adjust all-purpose rod that's easy to handle.\nEnjoy freshwater fishing with this rod.

Novice Rod
An easy all purpose rod that is easy to handle.\n
You can enjoy freshwater fishing with this rod.

Feather Tacklex00Won't miss the slightest tug.\nBest for small to medium-sized fish.

Feather Tackle
Not even the slightest tug will get by you.\n
Best used when fishing for small to medium sized fish.

Bamboo Polex00Simple rod with a string tied to its end.\nCan catch large fish.

Bamboo Pole
A simple piece of bamboo with a string tied to the end.
Now you can catch larger fish.

Pole Horizon.x00Can be used with large bait.\nWon't lose no matter how large the fish.

Horizon Pole
You can use large bait with this pole.\n
Never lose again no matter how large the fish is.

Aqua Wizardx00Turns its owner into a wizard of the waters.\nTurns even the most ferocious carnivorous fish into bait.

Aqua Wizard
With this, you will become a wizard of the waters.\n
It turns even the most ferocious carnivorous fish of the water into bait.

Silver Broochx00[Block 「Poison」]\nSilver brooch purified by the goddess Eidos' power.

Silver Brooch
[Resist 「Poison」]\n
A silver brooch purified by the Goddess Eidos' power.

Coral Ringx00[Block 「Seal」]\nRing of mysterious coral from the deep sea.

Coral Ring
[Resist 「Seal」]\n
A ring from the deep sea made of a mysterious coral.

Marble Ringx00[Block 「Silence」]\nBeautiful ring of patterned marble.

Marble Ring
[Resist 「Silence」]\n
A beautiful ring made with patterned marble.

Luminous Glassx00[Block 「Dark」]\nHalf-moon glasses that emit a faint light.

Luminous Glass
[Resist 「Dark」\n
Half moon glasses that emit a faint light.

Cool Necklacex00[Block 「Burn」]\nClear necklace inlaid with water sepith.

Cool Necklace
[Resist 「Burn」]\n
Clear necklace with a nice water sepith inlay.

Flame Zippox00[Block 「Freeze」]\nCharm protects mountain climbers from the cold.

Flame Zippo
[Resist 「Freeze」]\n
A special charm used by mountain climbers for protection from the cold..

Misty Scarfx00[Block 「Petrify」]\nScarf knitted with mysterious thread that shines with seven colors.

Misty Scarf
[Resist 「Petrify」]\n
Knitted from a mysterious thread, this scarf shines with seven colors.

Tinkle Earringsx00[Block 「Sleep」]\nFitted with bells that emit a clear sound.

Tinkle Earrings
[Resist 「Sleep」\n
Earrings fitted with tiny bells, they emit a clear sound to keep you awake..

Steal Wristx00[Block 「Stun」]\nSteel braclet that presses hard against the wrist.

Steel Wrist
[Resist 「Stun」\n
A braclet made of steel that presses firm against the wrist.

Floral bottlex00[Block 「Confuse」]\nAromatic bottle that soothes the heart.

Floral Bottle
[Resist 「Confuse」\n
Aromatic bottle with a floral scent that soothes the heart.

Holy Chainx00[Block 「KO」]\nGold chain infused with holy prayer.

Holy Chain
[Resist 「KO」]\n
A gold chain infused by holy prayer.

Meghadutax00[Block 「Seal」], [Silence] \n\nTreasure handed down from the far east. Holds a power that destroys seals.

Meghadutax
[Resist 「Seal・Silence」\n
This treasure has been handed down in the far east, It holds the power to destroy seals.

Lunar Pendulumx00[Block 「Poison/Dark/Burn」]\nPendulum carved with the symbol of the moon.

Lunar Pendulum
[Resist 「Poison・Dark・Burn」\n
A pendulum carved with the symbol of the moon.

Sunny Pendulumx00[Block 「Freeze/Petrify」]\nPendulum carved with the symbol of the sun.

Sunny Pendulum
[Resist 「Freeze・Petrify」]\n
A pendulum carved with the symbol of the sun.

Star Pendulumx00[Block 「Stun/Sleep/Confuse」]\nPendulum carved with the symbol of the stars.

Star Pendulum
[Resist 「Stun・Sleep・Confuse」]\n
A pendulum carved with the symbol of the stars.

Long Barrelx00[RNG+1]\nAttachment that extends gun range.

Long Barrel
[RNG+1]\n
An attachment for a gun to extend it's range.

Now keep in mind, none of this is official and I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings if I changed your translation. So please don't take it personal or be discouraged from wanting to work with us on this. Mostly I am having to go through and put in the formatting stuff. I have added a few misc lines in the notebooks (just for giggles - but would kind of like to keep them even though they are not in the game).

-----raine
If you have a save like that, please share. That could prove to be very useful.

-----flame
Those first lines are what my files for the item stuff looked like after removing them from the spreadsheets. Had an interesting (bizarre and more work than necessary method I was gonna use to re-insert them). Good thing you knocked that tool out. Will give it a shot after I get done formatting the stuff.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I gave the tool a test run. Excellent work. I see some areas I need to modify some text. Also see that not all the stuff for items in stored in the files. Not a problem there. It will be found if not already. LOL. I also noticed when I did the insertion I lost some of the formatting I did. Will check to see if that has to do with the encoding I chose later. Overall, nice tool. Gonna try it for item2 later.

I got a save file from over at gamefaqs for zero that I have been using to look at stuff. That might be a place to look into for one until I can get those codes made. It has a pretty good amount of items for the one right before the final fight.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally approve of this, keep up the great work. Sorry I can't be of any help but I know motivation can be hard with these things so I'll try to keep spreading the word/following this as I can. You're doing a huge service though, just don't forget that!

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got that eboot uploaded for people to take a look at. It is a messy file but I tried to organize it as best as I could without completely destroying the structure. The link is with the other stuff on the first page.

---- flame
I have been trying to figure out how to change the thread title. Coming up short in the department. If you know, I will gladly fix it. I may have figured out the trick to the cheat codes but won't be able to test until tomorrow. Hopefully will have a good save soon that we can use to check stuff. Got some serious fat trimming on the descriptions to do. Gonna limit it to 62 characters and spaces if I can.

----blazer
Thanks for the vote of confidence. If time permits, will hopefully have a little something for those interested to mess with and help out that can't do the editing files or translating.

----raine
Did some more searching on the net for those books. It is amazing what google images will show you sometimes. They look pretty interesting. Wish there was one for the original Dragon Slayer - Legend of Heroes.

xrainex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zero-
My save file is for the vita version of zero though so probably not going to be much help, and there's the problem of me not knowing how to get the save file from my vita onto the computer (yeah as you can see I'm not that tech savy )
As for the books, yeah you can actually find a lot of stuff just from google :P the character one you're talking about is most likely one of the two huge art books. There's one for illustration and another for character. The fanbook I was using was one of the Special Collection Books, there's like 3 of them so far (FC&SC, 3rd, Zero) I believe the Ao one is getting released soon.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the vote of confidence. If time permits, will hopefully have a little something for those interested to mess with and help out that can't do the editing files or translating.

Haha, I've got experience proofreading and hacking (worked on other translation projects/am working on one now, not confident enough in my Japanese to do actual translating though or I wouldn't need translation patches myself :P) so sadly for me the thing stopping me from helping is time haha, but the more people you can get on this the better for sure! Who knows, if it's a good job maybe XSEED can buy the script off you guys and use it as a base... haha, wishful thinking

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a question for people. I am trying to locate a way to input Ł (for Łazy). It is a Polish character and I need a way to input it under shiftjis encoding. If anybody could help out with that I would greatly appreciate it. Got most of the other accented letters taken care of. - NVM

Edit: It seems the game doesn't support those special characters so I am just gonna go with the basics.

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I've stumbled upon your project by chance and I'll give you a hand when I have time by translating bits here and there.
I gave a look at the Monsters part...are those all the monsters? They seem really a little part from a bigger bestiary.
I saw a couple of insances where maybe the dumper skipped kanas. Maybe that's why a bunch of names does not ring any bells at all.
I probably will edit stuff here and there. Many monsters have simple names, others are puns or stuff where they took
something japanese and changed it a bit (or a lot), split it in half, put half B before half A and so on. Many are peculiars and I think
these peculiarities should come out in the translations too, instead of streamlining them, even if they sound weird
(because they sound weird to japanese people too), after all.

For now I had some fun doing this or puzzling my head over what the hxxx were they thinking while naming monsters:

603 Chabaney. A type of water bug.
611 "kuri" is chestnut in japanese. No idea for the rest.
613 Looking at the monster image...could it be a pun on the brand Molly Mutt, but warped to not get into copyright stuff?
It seems a soft and squishy moster to comfy throw yourself over it and sleep...so, Molly Mu.
620 Darth Ner...Nahdart? Nadart? I think there was some kind of monster with this name in other games...
616 Vai Crown (with last boss - recover). Not sure on the Vai part.
621 A pun on "araiguma", badger. So, Gerbad. Yeah.
645 Death Corolla. It should be カローラ and not コローラ, but since it fits...
649 It seems a giant mosquito, and changing it a bit, there! Mosquito Superiore.
661 Gold Chabaney. A Chabane is a type of water bug/cockroach.
662 All right, it's a "Frogger", but...バヒスト? Moreover, doing a google search it seems that the name is wrong. It always come out as バドヒスト.
680 All right, it's a "Crab" and its name カニバボリャー reminds of カニバブラー, Crabbubbler, a monster that appears in Kamen Rider. Crab Bubbler it's also a real crab name.
So...Crabbubblerya!
682 Legenkov. It sounds powerful enough for a mech.
684 I'd really really like to use C-MOON (Like Father Pucci's Stand name), but since it's a marine monster...Sea Moon. So plain...
687 Blood Monado.
688 Aka Manah. Yep, if you want to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aka_Manah
689 It seems a tapir. Does anyone know some foreign names for tapirs? Or something that sounds similar to Faadokuusu or to an anagram of this?
690 No idea. I wanted to use Jellarm Po, but the monster is not a jelly, nor a Po...
691 Chongisu, comes from Kirigirisu. A cricket. And since it's Chongiisu here, a Criiicket.
695 Vampire Thorn. Maybe someone among the Kiseki guys is a fan of the old FFs.
775 Probably missing the first kana. Named changed to reflect my tranlsation, so, Crabbubblerya G.
776 Changed from Mega Bat F to Megalo Bat F.
777 Small Feathered Mole. From the image, it's small (ko), it's got feathers (hane)[those ARE feathers, right? Right?] and it's an "earth dragon" (fancy name for "mole").

- It would really be cool to have a list of names, nations, states, monsters, abilities, skills, places and so on as a reference.
- How can we know that two people or more are not tranlsating the same stuff at the same time?

xrainex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question about the eboot. I noticed that some of the translations are kept purposely short (some even abbreviated), which I believe there must be a reason for. So before I continue any further, is there a max character limit for those I should keep in mind?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get 2 letters (or spaces) for most SHIFT-JIS characters (kanji, katakana, hiragana). But only one letter for ぁぃぅァィゥ etc...(I think). And also only one for a normal space.
If you just give a literal translation, that's fine, but it will be edited by zero g to fit into the game.
I turns into a game of sorts: 決定 or 選択 often appear in games where you choose something, but these words are long. So what's a 4-letter word for decide or choose? Pick! Pick is shorter (and within the 4-letter limit we have based on 2 kanji), so I went with that.

Some of the entries are a single kanji long. We'll just have to teach players some Japanese (you can't say "earth" in two letters). No way around that. Also, I think they can learn it naturally (without studying) from the context of their appearance in the game.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The monster list is the only one like it that I have come across so far. It does seem a little sparse and I bet there is some files hidden in the compressed stuff. There could also be some stored in the dialog files but I have not finished dumping those yet. I'm not really particular about the names there. I did a majority of them and I will be the first to admit my converting katakana to english-ish is not my strong suit. So feel free to change anything. I have seen up to 4 people working on the stuff at one time. It is a good possibility others are working on the same file. You can usually tell what they are doing because they have a colored box with where they are at.

The eboot stuff...... I am gonna really dig in and try to locate the pointers for that stuff when I get done with the clean up of the current stuff and insertion. Got a couple of them done today and completely messed up even more. LOL. Some of the stuff is so abbreviated that I don't have a strong idea what they are. There is a bunch of 00 stuff in the eboot. So there may be some extra space for some of those. The Earth, Wind, etc.. stuff is gonna prove to be a problem. I know there is little room with those unless I can locate the pointers. Like I mentioned before, there is literally thousands of them and with how tricky falcom is hiding them, it is gonna be a nice challenge. Just give them a good strong translation and remember to mark the stuff with the control codes.

About the use of reference stuff mentioned like places, skills and such. There is the stuff in the spreadsheet. I can confirm that those are all the abilities and items. Places... It is a good portion of them. There is gonna be hidden stuff again in the dialog files and other places. Makes me wish it wasn't all over the place but that is how falcom rolls. Here is a good blog with info about the game. Kind of a fan play through of sorts.

Back to pushing the broom...

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NPJH50311_00018.jpgNPJH50311_00019.jpg NPJH50311_00017.jpgNPJH50311_00020.jpg
Got a couple semi-pretty screenshot comparison for everybody. I notice the bar at the top of the map disappeared sort of in the english version. That might be something a more skilled person may have to look into since it could be assembly hacking there to adjust it... or maybe not. Gonna look into it later.

So here is a different screenshot from the same compiled disc. It shows the little bar in the corner. So either it may have something to do with the space holders in the file or I may have maxed them out. Hmm...

NPJH50311_00021.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: