lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Slowking said:
XFlak said:
edit2: honestly, this whole thing feels like a cheap knock off of NUS Auto Downloader... but w/e, its not like I can tell u to stop
Honestly I don't care what you feel. If NUSAD wasn't overly complicated I would have never made this guide. Ofcourse you don't like it because less people might click on your Linkbucks, but that's really not my problem.

excuse me? where the hell do u get off saying shit like that after I have even offered to help u numerous times since I made that comment (and crossed it out at that). If you had said this before we got over our "misunderstanding" I woulda given u the benefit of the doubt... but u are saying this NOW to start shit again even after we had gotten past that?

I'm not doing this for linkbucks money... which is like 2 cents a day... big deal, I even have a direct download link right next to it that people can click if they bothered to look (I guess u missed that, the same as u missed TT asking people NOT to redistribute the hackmii installer).

I resent the fact that u claim I am against this your app because I will lose out on linkbucks money. I am against your app because it is redundant, it has more steps than required (honestly, u gonna open up a cios installer 5 times, nothing wrong with that, but why bother? its not the only legal way to install a cIOS), and worst of all it uses sciifii. And until ppl made u aware of ALL its illegalities, it was illegal too... and until now that was the only thing I was still complaining about.

Seriously, I was being VERY nice about this whole thing. But u just royally pissed me off and brought this upon yourself.

And honestly, if u think NUSAD is overly complicated, ur a moron. And I feel I can safely say that about anyone who finds it overly complicated. So maybe u shouldn't have made this app... as u say "If NUSAD wasn't overly complicated I would have never made this guide". If anyone is dumb enough to think NUSAD is complicated... they'll probably be just barely smart enough to use your app improperly and brick themselves or format their C drive or something, good for you, give yourself a great big pat on the back.

If anyone wants to yell @ me, go right ahead, these are my thoughts. Feel free to use this guide, or another one, I don't care. I'm sure this guide will get the job done, but its nothing special.

Oh yeah... excuse me for not wanting to even run your app to realize it was fastsum and not fsum u r using. Once I read that ur app FORMATS ANYTHING, i decided... this app is something I don't want to play with. My program on the other hand, there is zero risk of some1 accidentally deleting shit that they need. And if I didn't warn u about FSUM, u woulda never learned how to legally redistribute fastsum, so wtf r u complaining about? It's your program, u should do the research in the first place. When I woke up this morning, I was still trying to help you out and NOT cause shit... honestly I was, but that doesn't mean I was gonna do the work for you (I would hate to complicate things for you, best u keep things simple).

@Slowking... in conclusion, do w/e the hell u want. I will try to stay out of your thread from now on (so consider this a truce and a good-bye/good-ridance). Good luck with your cheap knockoff of NUS Auto Downloader. Seriously though, even after all the nasty things I just said... I really do wish u good luck. It's a shame we couldn't get along, oh well.

I'll even apologize one last time for going so off topic. Even u deserve better than that, so seriously, sorry for that. I will try to omit posting anything off topic like this in one of your threads again.

Good luck.
obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so who is willing here to actually help us noobs, out, i need help and so is that other kid, will anyone one of you knowitalls help us out here since this is suppose to be a noob helping guide not a f***ing discussion of is something right or not, plz take it somewhere's else

i really would like some help plz

now here is my question again and slowking plz reply

After it's done it will kick you back to the HBC, which is kind of annoying, since we have to install two more things with it.
So start it again.
- Now do the same as before, just select "Install " Custom IOS 223 v65535 on the second page.
- Select IOS37, press A and later (1)

ok now i have a new problem it gives me error when trying to install 223 v65535 on ios 37 and 57? um its like erro 10.. and wont let me install them how do i get this to work?

also do i need to install tarucha bug? or was it installed with this guide that i have done?

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i want to use configureable usb loader to run my games, which one do i download since i used this guide on how to hack my wii?

also im trying to figure out how to dump iso's of my games onto my hdd using my wii there is this cIOS dvd dumper and i dont know how to use that

frankomio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
i updated a 3.2e Wii with this AUTOMOD and the tutorial and all runs fine !

the system says it´s now a 4.3e Wii

BUT now when i insert Wii Sports , i get an WII-update-Message
angry.gif

any idea what update seems to be necessary ???

i´m very confused

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eric345 said:
installing the cios is not legal...
Please, show me which law makes it illegal. It's your console, your allowed to modify it as you wish as long as you don't infringe in nintendo's copyright, this guide does not do that. Your just not allowed to pirate.

?EYEHATE?

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is bascally the same thing as nusad/modmii and i think its a ripoff. it shoudl be removed and never spoke of again.
MODMII FTW this guide is a rip

svpe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slowking said:
longtom1 said:
Just had a look at the files provided and TT frown upon anyone distributing the hackmii installer boot.elf would prefer direct download from site like nusad does
I just figured that now, that they have another way of generating a statistic, they won't care if it's hosted in a package. If they want me to take it out, they can say so. I know a few of them post here...

We still care. Please take it out of your zip file, thanks.

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
svpe said:
Slowking said:
longtom1 said:
Just had a look at the files provided and TT frown upon anyone distributing the hackmii installer boot.elf would prefer direct download from site like nusad does
I just figured that now, that they have another way of generating a statistic, they won't care if it's hosted in a package. If they want me to take it out, they can say so. I know a few of them post here...

We still care. Please take it out of your zip file, thanks.

Has been out quite a long time, long before you posted actually.
wink.gif

I really don't have fun working on this anymore. However I guess I should keep it up to date at least. So new version.

Fastsum won't find all the files yet. Doesn't hurt the overall function of this guide. I guess I'll fix that later... sometime.

QUOTE(frankomio @ Aug 29 2010, 11:41 AM) BUT now when i insert Wii Sports , i get an WII-update-Message
angry.gif
seems like you haven#t activated all the priiloader hacks I told you to activate
wink.gif

QUOTE(?EYEHATE? @ Aug 29 2010, 05:50 PM)
this is bascally the same thing as nusad/modmii and i think its a ripoff. it shoudl be removed and never spoke of again.
MODMII FTW this guide is a rip
yeah right just because this guide downloads files from NUS it's a ripoff of nusad.
wtf.gif

By now I can really understand why so many projects get dropped in the Wii scene. Quite some people here are big dicks. o.O

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and another update

Ernie Pantuso said:
@Slowking - I ran your script and it appears to have failed big time. Here's the output (hope this helps):
Sorry for posting such a ginormous code block but I don't see any place for attaching a text file.
Please let me know if you think there's a simple fix for this. I assume NUSAD is more mature/stable. As a Windows shell scripting expert, I'm sure I could slog through the NUSAD source to get it to work, but I'd much rather spend my time doing more enjoyable things!
Sorry for not answering any sooner. I didn't look at this thread for a while, for obvious reasons.
Looks to me like either your internet or the Nintendo Update servers were down when you tried my script. Or your firewall blocks it.
Please just try again. It should work.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Eric345 said:
installing the cios is not legal...
Please, show me which law makes it illegal. It's your console, your allowed to modify it as you wish as long as you don't infringe in nintendo's copyright, this guide does not do that. Your just not allowed to pirate.

Chapter II: Unauthorized Software, Services, or Devices or Unlicensed Accessories

Your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service are not designed for use with unauthorized software, services, or devices or non-licensed accessories, and you may not use any of these with your Wii Console or the Wii Network Service. Such use may be illegal, voids any warranty, and is a breach of this agreement. Such use may also lead to injury to you or others or cause performance issues or damage to your Wii Console or the Wii Network Service. We (and our licensees and distributors) are not responsible for damage or loss caused by unauthorized software, services or devices or non-licensed accessories. We may take steps to disable or delete any unauthorized software, services or device installed in your Wii Console, for example, by detecting and disabling them through the Wii Network Service and/or game software. If we detect unauthorized software, services, or devices, your access to the Wii Network Service may be disabled and/or the Wii Console or games may be unplayable.

Full Document is here http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...privacyEULA.jsp

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I feel like I have to explain that in every console generation like a hundret times. Nintendo can put in their EULA what they want. They can even state that the flying spaghetti monster is the one true god and everybody who doesn't worship it will get sued.
This however doesn't make it law!

It's your console, you bought it. As long as you don't send Nintendos copyrighted code around the internet it's all perfectly legal.

They even word it really carefully in their EULA with the word "may". So as to not get crap themselfs for providing false information, while still scaring the shit out of noobs.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
I feel like I have to explain that in every console generation like a hundret times. Nintendo can put in their EULA what they want. They can even state that the flying spaghetti monster is the one true god and everybody who doesn't worship it will get sued.
This however doesn't make it law!

It's your console, you bought it. As long as you don't send Nintendos copyrighted code around the internet it's all perfectly legal.

They even word it really carefully in their EULA with the word "may". So as to not get crap themselfs for providing false information, while still scaring the shit out of noobs.

STILL.....

If you mod your wii and then it breaks then do nintendo HAVE to repair it?... NO .. WHY NOT??.. Why doesnt the LAW make them repair it??? That IS in consumer law that if the equipment breaks within the first year then they should fix it however carrying out what they deem as "Illegal" mods gets them out of it and the law will do NOTHING about reversing thier decision because YOU BROKE that agreement so therefore thier EULA DOES count for something and they can bitch slap you with it any time they want to.

How does this work when this is an ACTUALL law????? Surely if you are doing nothing wrong then you could force ninty into fixing your hacked up console no problem.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
everyone is only commenting on the legality issue's, my 2 cents on this is you can LEGALLY break you wii or do anything to it, in the eye's of nintendo if you stamp on your wii or mod it in anyway then you are in BREACH of user agreement (EULA) and trying to get nintendo to repair your console when its in breach on EULA could be classed as illegal in the eyes of nintendo.

I think the op should rename his TuT to safely mod your wii, or another way to softmod your wii, either way good luck with your Tut slowking

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am0s said:
everyone is only commenting on the legality issue's, my 2 cents on this is you can LEGALLY break you wii or do anything to it, in the eye's of nintendo if you stamp on your wii or mod it in anyway then you are in BREACH of user agreement (EULA) and trying to get nintendo to repair your console when its in breach on EULA could be classed as illegal in the eyes of nintendo.

I think the op should rename his TuT to safely mod your wii, or another way to softmod your wii, either way good luck with your Tut slowking
No.

The EULA isn't law, breaking it isn't against the law.

Slowking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wiistarter said:
If you mod your wii and then it breaks then do nintendo HAVE to repair it?... NO .. WHY NOT??.. Why doesnt the LAW make them repair it??? That IS in consumer law that if the equipment breaks within the first year then they should fix it however carrying out what they deem as "Illegal" mods gets them out of it and the law will do NOTHING about reversing thier decision because YOU BROKE that agreement so therefore thier EULA DOES count for something and they can bitch slap you with it any time they want to.
Well don't know about american warrenty laws, but under german law they still have to fix it if your unintended use of the product didn't cause the defect.
They are not however required to fix defects caused by uses they didn't intend. If you use your Wii as fuel in your fireplace for example, they don't have to cover the defect.
wink.gif

The problem with this is that after half a year you have to prove that the defect wasn't caused by you, which is basically impossible. So they can just stonewall. However, the law is still on your side.
And like I said their EULA might say so, but moding your Wii does NOT void your warrenty. (at least in germany) EULAs are NOT laws!

Could we now please ove past the legallity issue? This guide is legal. xzxeros uide is highly illegal. Could you fanboys please move on? >.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slowking said:
Well don't know about american warrenty laws, but under german law they still have to fix it if your unintended use of the product didn't cause the defect.

Actually, the first reports on Hackmii of N declining to service a modded console were out of Germany: http://hackmii.com/2009/04/warranty/#more-536 :-L

SlowkingCould we now please ove past the legallity issue? This guide is legal. xzxeros uide is highly illegal. Could you fanboys please move on? >.

yellowperil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Slowking said:
wiistarter said:
They are not however required to fix defects caused by uses they didn't intend. If you use your Wii as fuel in your fireplace for example, they don't have to cover the defect.
wink.gif

The problem with this is that after half a year you have to prove that the defect wasn't caused by you, which is basically impossible. So they can just stonewall. However, the law is still on your side.
And like I said their EULA might say so, but moding your Wii does NOT void your warrenty. (at least in germany) EULAs are NOT laws!

Could we now please ove past the legallity issue? This guide is legal. xzxeros uide is highly illegal. Could you fanboys please move on? >.<

+1

This is exactly the case, when you purchase an item this is now your product, you can do what you want to it.
Now breaking the AGREEMENT (Eula) will mean that the maker or the person you purchased the product from can refuse to repair or replace the item, you have to prove what you did didn't break it, which is very hard to do if they decide to stonewall you.

As to the legality issue, this is more to do with using illegal software to circumvent the protection that is used to protect the product. If the code you are using has code in it that belongs to someone else, and they coders don't have permission to use it, then you are using illegal software.
As to whether you need to keep that software on your device, or remove it after wards is another matter.

Legally you can do what you want with your product, what you do may invalidate your warranty and in most modding does, the practice is not illegal, but to use software that is breaking copyright laws (they have code that belongs to someone else and use it without permission), could be classed as a ------- (cant think of the word), that means you used illegal methods to hack your device.

This would be very hard to prove unless you have the software sat on your pc or device. And then again most people are interested in the people providing the code not the people using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: