Hardware Legality on selling modified 3DSes

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've been selling softmodded 3DSes since the days of creating an emunand, formatting it and then writing to the sysnand.

It's a legal grey area and I never install pirated games/software for the customers.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
EULA's are almost never legally binding. In most places it's legal to modify anything you own. You are almost always entitled to sell your own property. It's when you profit specifically from modding that it becomes a grey area, and that's typically because you're enabling piracy and copyright infringement as people have already said. Depends on local law, but selling one modded unit because you no longer want it is different than modding and flipping units as a business as well.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
What about giving away a modded system for free? Is that illegal?
So you can say that the mod was $80 or however much you plan to sell the system for, and the system was given away for free. :ha:
So your charging for the mod *wink* *wink* and not selling the system. *wink* *wink*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq