left joycon won't work correctly or calibrate

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by chrisrlink, May 16, 2019.

1. chrisrlink
    OP

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    so it seems my left (blue) joycon won't work (in lgp cant control player correctly or in catch mode pulls to the left) since i have a hacked unit doing it through nintendo is not the best idea any help would be appriciated

2. Grmmish

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States
    Your SWITCH is hacked....
    What does that have to do with your Joycon and sending it in for repairs? XD

But anyways.... I have the same issue but 30 times worse... I just try to fix it by calibrating.. but I have accepted Joycons as the cheapest (And most expensive) controllers I have ever bought.

3. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    First try calibrating, if issues persist try unplugged the cell, draining the left over and plugging it(simple but you never know), if analogue issues persist then you may need to replace the analogue stick, they don't cost much online and can result in a quick fix, either way you can send the joycons to nintendo as they themselves store no data to show any logs of exploits, if they want the console then restore your original NAND since many logs are stored offline and can show your switch has been running unsigned code at a given time; anyways best of luck fixing it.

Last edited by TariqSoftDev, May 16, 2019
  4. g00s3y

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    wd40 electronic contact cleaner

If that doesn't work, replace the control stick.

5. RandomTake

RandomTake Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Left Joy con messing up seams to be a common thing. My console was under warranty so i sent it to big nin to replace/repair the joy con. No need to send the whole console in and they e-mailed a prepay shipping label to send it it. If its still under warranty you should be be able to go to Nintendo repairs and book it in for replacement/repair.

6. Grmmish

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States
    How much is this if I was not under warrantly?

7. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Try this 3 methods if it works.
    1. Recalibrate
    2. Use contact cleaner
    3. Buy a new joycon

8. Grmmish

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States