Hardware Left Joycon wireless/handheld issue.

Pythonidae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I recently bought a Switch(old model) and now I'm experiencing an annoying issue with the left Joycon.

Basically, it seems it is stuck in wireless mode. I've tried all the methods like reconnecting it, pushing the sync button, restarting the system and such. But the controller just won't leave wireless mode.

But when I connect it to the switch, it does charge. It even shows the animation and snapping sounds, though it doesn't even do that all the time. Even when it does show the animation/sound, it's still considered in wireless mode even though it's connected to the Switch.

Now the biggest issue this brings is that I can't play any games while in handheld mode. The right Joycon does not work while in game, because the left Joycon is considered being in wireless mode with the right one in handheld mode.

My Switch is less than a week old and I haven't dropped it or the joycons. It just randomly started doing this.

Any ideas or solutions, people who had something similar? Or should I just return it from the store I bought it from?

mylittlePWNy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can corroborate this. I have a similar switch from around launch, and while I have since installed Hekate/Atmosphere, the issue was present before.

What's even more infuriating is that sometimes my left joycon will connect, with no rhyme or reason to it. Most commonly, I will enter sleep mode with both joycons attached in handheld mode, then when I turn the switch on only the right joycon is listed as attached. Sometimes, all I have to do is snap the left joycon on once or twice, and it attaches immediately. Sometimes it stays attached through sleep cycles. Sometimes it refuses to connect at all.

gaberilde

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have the same issue now it snapped apart entirely and think it died entirely now. so i had to buy a pro controller q
and use that instead.

Last edited by gaberilde,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...