Hardware Left joy con buttons no longer work.

keanu_yves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, the left joy con buttons stopped working. D-Pad, minus, ZL, L and share. (The SL and SR no longer worked, flat broken). Only analog stick, rail when connecting (you can still hear the click) and bluetooth with joy con detached works.

Any idea? Has the motherboard shorted out? Any integrated circuits?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Search the so many guides on the net. I didn't understand so we'll to you, but this seems a flex cable break.

Has you open the Joy-Con anytime?

When you connect the Joy-Con in to the rail, some buttons works?

The same buttons works via Bluetooth?

Does the pair button turn off/on the Joy-Con?

Reactions: keanu_yves

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, the left joy con buttons stopped working. D-Pad, minus, ZL, L and share. (The SL and SR no longer worked, flat broken). Only analog stick, rail when connecting (you can still hear the click) and bluetooth with joy con detached works.

Any idea? Has the motherboard shorted out? Any integrated circuits?
Did it take a nasty drop? (broken SL/SR ribbon cable makes me think that's the case)
A drop could've cracked some of the solder joints, you can reflow the whole board with a hot air station but it's easy to accidentally melt plastic connectors.

keanu_yves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, it was opened for SL and SR flat exchange. And when I finished assembling I noticed this. None of these buttons work attacked or via bluetooth. Only analog stick works (attached and bluetooth).

I don't think it's only the flat, because the d-pad is integrated directly into the motherboard. But I can't imagine a short one, as the analog stick still works.

keanu_yves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did it take a nasty drop? (broken SL/SR ribbon cable makes me think that's the case)
A drop could've cracked some of the solder joints, you can reflow the whole board with a hot air station but it's easy to accidentally melt plastic connectors.
It's possible. The console took a fall, but it has a few weeks. I'll see if I can get the hot air sation.

xonn

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have repaired a Left joycon recently with the same behaviour (only analog stick worked).
The problem in my case was that the ZL button that was always pressed (internally, something was broken) and it blocked any other button. I discovered it just after unpluging the button.
I hope this helps :)

Last edited by xonn,

keanu_yves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice. I didn't notice that in my joy-con at the time. The only solution in my case was to buy a used board and mount all the components of the old controller on it.

Harkyrie

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have repaired a Left joycon recently with the same behaviour (only analog stick worked).
The problem in my case was that the ZL button that was always pressed (internally, something was broken) and it blocked any other button. I discovered it just after unpluging the button.
I hope this helps :)
did you fix it? i think i have the same problem because i unplug also the ZL button then on the test input i saw the ZL just a second then it exit because i think it press

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.