Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
748.jpg

In addition to temporarily dropping the game's price to just $6.79 on Steam, Valve just announced even more reasons to pick up Left 4 Dead 2 this week: Anyone who buys the PC or Mac versions of the zombie survival sequel by 4 p.m. PST tomorrow, October 6, will unlock a set of exclusive items in Team Fortress 2.

Specifically, Team Fortress 2 players will gain access to the frying pan melee weapon and a stylin' trucker cap modeled after the one Ellis wears in Left 4 Dead 2. Furthermore, these items are apparently compatible with all nine classes in the cartoonish shooter.

But what happens if you already paid well over the current asking price for a copy of Left 4 Dead 2? Go ahead and put your pitchforks down; according to the Valve blog post announcing the promotion, those of us who currently own the game should automatically receive these unlocks within a few days.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I would say "Go ahead Valve, take all my money," but they're hardly taking any of it. I got both L4D games on-sale and I'm pleased with both of them, definitely worth the purchase.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
gameboy13 said:
That's Valve, generous as ever.
It's only a hat and a frying pan, nothing to get your pants wet over.

Not to mention they're doing this to sell more copies of L4D2, not to be generous.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Minox_IX said:
gameboy13 said:
That's Valve, generous as ever.
It's only a hat and a frying pan, nothing to get your pants wet over.

Not to mention they're doing this to sell more copies of L4D2, not to be generous.

rofl2.gif

Indeed, It may sound like BS but a lot of people bought Worms Reloaded only to get the granades and the worm hat. Quite stupid in my opinion but they actually sold some more copies with that premise.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MeritsAlone said:
someone mind telling me if that frying pan have any good advantages as a weapon?
According to the in-game Mann Co. Catalog, neither item has any stats. The hat can be worn by any class, the frying pan is Soldier / Demoman only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.