Learning Japanese and stuff

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason, I started trying to memorize some Hiragana yesterday and it's kinda turned into a fun game for me. I still don't have them all down pat, but it's fun trying to learn. I mainly want to know how to read Hiragana (And Katakana) so I can read/play Japanese video games and understand menus at the very least. It's a bit hard, but I'm sure I'll get it soon.

And I just want to be sure, but would that correct way of saying "I cannot speak Japanese" be "Nihongo Hanashi masen"? I ask because I might be going to Japan soon and would like to have that phrase at the ready
happy.gif

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Why try to find the Mind Your Language - Japanese (for younger people) or the My Japanese Coach Rom for your DS. They are very good at teaching you basic language skills and also teaches you soem basic reading skills.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buleste said:
Why try to find the Mind Your Language - Japanese (for younger people) or the My Japanese Coach Rom for your DS. They are very good at teaching you basic language skills and also teaches you soem basic reading skills.

Does my Japanese coach teach you Hiragana and Katakana? If not, I think I'll pass.

D

Deleted User

Tonitonichopchop said:
Does my Japanese coach teach you Hiragana and Katakana? If not, I think I'll pass.
I've played it and yeah it does, but it gets really boring and repetitive. If you really wanted to learn japanese, i would take a class or get a instructor or something.
its all really memorization, i'm in highschool japanese 3 and i would say a japanese kindergartener would be more fluent then me. It takes a lot of getting used to though. Katakana is basically english, easy stuff. lol.

gumphfy said:
Should be: nihongo GA hanasemasen.
Don't forget your particles!
lol, I think the particle would be wo instead of ga. espeacially if you were being formal about it. and you would say hanashi, not hanase because hanase means let go.

QUOTE(CrazySka @ May 1 2011, 08:12 AM)
What is the best method to learn Japanese? I have always wanted to learn as well and have plans to visit Japan sometime in the next 5 years
get an instructor, it's kind of hard to learn a whole new language without any examples or anything.

gumphfy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andy249901 said:
lol, I think the particle would be wo instead of ga. espeacially if you were being formal about it. and you would say hanashi, not hanase because hanase means let go.
No. You're making a mess of dict. form and base form here, and confusing different verbs and their conjugations.
Hanaseru(being able to speak) is the potential form of the verb hanasu(to speak). And potential form takes GA as particle instead of WO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Judge Dread Wario lol