Homebrew Leaked SDK = better homebrew?

D

Deleted User

Ryan is not an official developer by any means. He's getting all the developer stuff by proxy. I know because he approached me about it a while ago asking if I would help him out with that and I told him absolutely not because I don't want to screw up my career and/or end up in prison. I'm sure he's getting it from someone else though
I'm really suprised that a lot of people are so paranoid about being "sent to prison". I mean what are the chances of that happening? Anyway, as long as you are not leaking/sharing it, it should be fine, because no-one can see your hard drive, not even Nintendo, so they would never be able to know you have their stuff.

Basically sharing/leaking that stuff is going to get you into prison, yes, but hiding it away on your hard drive is a different matter.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unfortunate that it's really looked down upon because I am hoping that one day that I can finally sign up to the Nintendo Developer Portal and get the latest SDK and Unity for N3DS for personal uses, and then somehow share my projects with the world. But I'm too goddamn young to be doing that officially yet, and I'm so tired of developing for freeware now (PC and mobile mostly; been doing it for a couple of years now), so that's why I tend to look out for, and use, the official console stuff like this, and hope I can make some good stuff with it. And then like me and others have said, there's just no way to easily share those said projects on the web. :(

TL;DR, Laws surrounding technology are shit sometimes. :sleep:
I'm really suprised that a lot of people are so paranoid about being "sent to prison". I mean what are the chances of that happening? Anyway, as long as you are not leaking/sharing it, it should be fine, because no-one can see your hard drive, not even Nintendo, so they would never be able to know you have their stuff.

Basically sharing/leaking that stuff is going to get you into prison, yes, but hiding it away on your hard drive is a different matter.

Well I'm authorized to have it, I'm a licensed developer so no harm done lol. But if I share it with someone else then I'm violating the NDA I signed and risk prison or a major law suit. I'm an adult so if I got charged with anything at all I'm screwed. Its not like my record would be wiped clean when I turn 18 too late for that :P. I wouldn't leak it anyways though.

Reactions: Deleted User

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

I thought you were going to do that?

Reactions: cearp

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France

IIRC ryan posted a picture of himself on his Twitter account once.

D

Deleted User

I thought you were going to do that?
My thoughts on the matter change every day. In the end, I would probably not ever leak it, because of both the stated facts in this thread already, and the fact that I want to first make a decent commercial game with Nintendo's developer stuff, especially Unity for 3DS!

Hopefully, time will tell if I do manage to legally access the developer portal in the upcoming years and develop something worthwhile. That's all I wanted to ever do with it, and I sincerely hope they are still distributing 3DS stuff at that time, lol. Most likely not. :wink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)