Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
May 30, 2014, Today IGN posted a video of rumored game (PlayStation 4's Project Beast AKA Demon's Souls 2).​

From the looks of it, it seems that From Software Developer is working on a new title. Many fans are speculating that it is Demon's Souls 2. While the footage is 18 sec long, it shows a man attacking with his sword, shotgun, and disappearing into the souls of mist later on, to battle an evil like creature. This game shows a good resemblance between Dark souls, and Demon's souls, so it just might be the real thing. I'm guessing this might be a PS4 exclusive for E3, who knows? only time will tell.​
The footage, which comes in at only 19 seconds long, shows a man who appears to be the same shotgun-toting character seen in the screenshots that leaked earlier this month, as well as a small variety of scenes showing off some environments, enemies, and combat situations. It sure looks like a From Software game in the same vein as Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2.
The "Souls" franchise began in early 2009, when From Software released Demon's Souls in Japan, exclusively on PlayStation 3. Demon's Souls was funded by Sony -- and the IP is owned by Sony -- but the company declined to publish it in the west. Niche Japanese developer and publisher Atlus brought it to North America later in 2009, while Namco Bandai (now Bandai Namco) brought it to Europe and other western territories in 2010. We absolutely loved it.
Namco Bandai continued its relationship with From Software following Demon's Souls' surprise success, funding and publishing Demon's Souls' unofficial sequel -- Dark Souls -- which came to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011 (and to PC in 2012). We loved that game, too. And finally, just a couple of months ago, Dark Souls 2 came to those same three platforms by way of the same developer/publisher combination, and -- you guessed it -- we loved that one as well.
It was clear that Sony didn't anticipate Demon's Souls' success, especially in the west, allowing Namco Bandai to seize control of the series under a different name. Still, with the Demon's Souls name owned by Sony -- and with Sony's long-running relationship with From Software intact (the company has been making PlayStation games since PSone launched in Japan in 1994) -- it was long assumed that Sony would try to get From Software to make another PlayStation-exclusive Souls game. This might just be it.
Now, it's important to note that this footage is unsubstantiated. This footage, as well as the screenshots that leaked earlier, could be real, but we just don't know for sure. So file this as a compelling rumor for the time being. We reached out to Sony for official confirmation. However, the company declined to comment.
:arrow:IGN

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, that video is unmistakable X Souls style. The shotgun is new though, that might be interesting. I can't say I'm too interested myself as I don't have a PS4 and am not even halfway through the original Demon's Souls but for fans of the series this is great.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it's not an exclusive--I love From Software's work, but not enough to buy one console to try it out.

Next to that, it's kinda sad to watch so many people bitch about the gun being in the game apparently. It's not like guns never were in a From Software title before, as we have Shadow Tower, and their performance is essentially a crossbow.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bmj8e6h.png

Mmmmm getting a very Resident Evil Vibe on this.......but Next Gen!!!

Hopefully it will have more forgiving/punishing gameplay with a shiny coat of eye glaze to soak in.......yeah i can almost Taste it :creep:

Next give me a new Kings Field Damn You!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: T-hug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    I modified a switch in a bathroom one time by wiping poop on it... Lol
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay