ldn_mitm v1.2.0 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:48 PM.

Front-page
    [​IMG]
    If you've ever wondered about playing online with your hacked Switch you may already know about ldn_mitm, a sysmodule which tunnels data sent and received by games supporting local play over the internet. You may also have heard about its earlier sister project, switch_lan_play, an app that does the same thing for LAN-enabled games, which also works on unmodded consoles. Thanks to these two, we've seen the rise of what can be described as a community-driven, free alternative to Nintendo Switch Online that also lets modded users play without fearing a ban.

Knowing all of this, you may be excited to hear that ldn_mitm has recently received a new update! Version 1.2.0 fixes compatibility with the latest Atmosphère version, as the previous releases did not work due to internal changes. However, that is not all; a new way to load the homebrew has also been provided, as both KIP and a NSP sysmodules are available for download. The two are identical in terms of function, so which one you should choose is a matter of user preference. Last but not least, a companion app that lets you enable and disable logging as well as the module itself without rebooting is also now available.

ldn-mitm is being developed by @spacemeowx2 and is compatible with all current major CFWs (Atmosphère, ReiNX and SX OS). The author recommends to use the KIP version with ReiNX, while SX OS ships with its own version of the module already included.
    Detailed usage and installation instructions are available in the discussion thread linked below. For matchmaking and server stats you're encouraged to join the official Discord server.

:arrow: Source
    :arrow: GBAtemp discussion thread

Vorde, scionae, CoolStarDood and 10 others like this.
    Discussion (14 replies)
  1. Volthax

Volthax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    Netherlands Antilles
    Ofcourse TX already has it pre-included. May the relationship go on and rock 2019!

Ra1d, Polazriz, iGlitch and 2 others like this.
  2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    The moment we are able to do this without the need of a PC will be great.

3. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    TX is closed source and is limited to its own features and NRO's. At times NRO's dont even work on SX since in my experience it has horrible support. And that being closed source we have to actually wait for features to be implemented in itself in the CFW.
    Atleast AMS is open and has a kip support which helps a ton of stuff and features. Best part it can also be edited since it is open source and the best part. EmuNAND is being made so yea time for SX OS to become obsolete soon. The downfall is near. (SX user myself).

tomGER, bandithedoge, nachuz and 2 others like this.
  4. jeffyTheHomebrewer
    This message by jeffyTheHomebrewer has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Apr 17, 2019 at 10:12 PM, Reason: Resolved.
    Apr 17, 2019 at 6:33 PM
  5. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    Actually, TX just grabbed it and included it on their CFW without asking, because of this update, is already outdated and to enjoy this update you will have to wait for SX to update first

6. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Upstate, New York
    does this mean I can play Fortnite Finally on my Switch again?

7. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Since I haven’t been online lately, I had no idea this stopped working with the latest atmosphere update but it’s good to know it’s working again.

8. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    No. Only games with lan support work

9. Brayton

Brayton GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    Can I just get banned and use this? Maybe just never connect online but use this?

10. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Everything works with the "L" method (which supplies more ram, too).

Do you have a source that they didn't ask? I would guess that they payed for it.

11. LightBeam

LightBeam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2018
    France
    They certainly didn't paid for anything, if it's open source, they just take it and call it a new functionnality behind their name

EDIT : Looks like this time it was a request

Last edited by LightBeam, Apr 18, 2019 at 4:52 PM
  12. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    He is talking out of his ass, we actually asked Team Xecuter to implement it,

findonovan95 likes this.
  13. MichaelKnightPT

MichaelKnightPT Newbie

Newcomer
    Yesterday
    Portugal
    I have a switch with hack ReinX, I never connected it to the internet, how can I use this program and connect it to the internet without being banned?
    Can someone explain the method to me?

14. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Interesting point.
    As a SX user, never thought hands tied in that kind of way.
    Hm..
    I guess when I have a need then I'll bother but I'm pretty good for now in any case - not enough time as it is

15. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    There is no 100% gaurantee you wont get banned ,

Your best option is connect to your acces point and enter an incorrect password,
    Then you can change the internet settings and use 90dns or other dns to block connection to nintendos server,

Last edited by Cubuss, Apr 18, 2019 at 7:29 PM