Homebrew LCD tweaker

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill check this out, but you should probably change the title and add [Release] at the front. the title honestly makes it look like a question :rofl:

Last edited by Sketchy1,
Reactions: Zidapi

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Features
  • change screen brightness individually, even outside the allowed limits (screen toast warning!)
  • (new3DS only) color corrector hardware config for f.lux-like effect

Umm... that's it :mellow:

f.lux-like effect (again, new3DS only due to missing hardware in old3DS):
  • turn on power saving mode
  • set the color settings
you can reset/turn off the effect by turning power saving mode off

220bf26cda.png

[cia] [3dsx]​
My screen is tinted purple (hardware defect), could there be an option to tint the screen towards a hex color to nullify the effect?

Storm Eagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this! Maybe you could add a LED On/Off for the Power LED? Not mandatory, but it would make it kind of an all in 1 app.

Edit: Or you can bunch all the LED apps you have made into one?

Didn't yellows8 brick his 3DS by screwing with the external LED (spotpass/system update notification light, wireless light, charging light, and power light)? Pretty sure it has a chance to fry the MCU which is unrecoverable. I don't think it's safe.

Last edited by Storm Eagle,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't yellows8 brick his 3DS by screwing with the external LED (spotpass/system update notification light, wireless light, charging light, and power light)? Pretty sure it has a chance to fry the MCU which is unrecoverable. I don't think it's safe.
He was on 8.1 or lower. That's why the brick happened.

Reactions: Mythical

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you for this! Maybe you could add a LED On/Off for the Power LED? Not mandatory, but it would make it kind of an all in 1 app.

Edit: Or you can bunch all the LED apps you have made into one?

Sorry, but this is "LCD Tweaker", not "LED Tweaker" :(

ill check this out, but you should probably change the title and add [Release] at the front. the title honestly makes it look like a question :rofl:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My screen is tinted purple (hardware defect), could there be an option to tint the screen towards a hex color to nullify the effect?

???
have you tried changing the sliders around?

the charging light isn't controlled by the MCU, but prolly yes. but fyi, this program doesn't use the MCU at all, just pure GSPGPU_(Read|Write)HWRegs :P

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool, though the screen toast is a bit scary for me, I'll just stick to NTR CFW brightness. 5 is just 50% I think so I just set it to 100%

Cool tool though, I can see people finding this really useful.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I haven't tested this yet, is there a slider I'm missing?

Otherwise yeah, it's a hardware defect with the screen so adjusting the 3D/volume sliders wouldn't do anything.

if you haven't tried it then try it :P

This is pretty cool, though the screen toast is a bit scary for me, I'll just stick to NTR CFW brightness. 5 is just 50% I think so I just set it to 100%

Cool tool though, I can see people finding this really useful.

you can only toast the screen if you leave it at 0x3FF brightness for too long. if you accidently go from 1 to 0x3FF, you can safely go back to 1 by just overflowing the value a bit past 0x3FF

One more thing. Could you make a version of this run in 80mb mode (a Mode 3 of sorts) so it persists through high memory apps on o3DS?

well... this thing isn't running in the background at all when you exit it :/ all this program does is abuse the fact that you can mess with sensitive GPU registers from userland; this is only a control panel of sorts for configuring the new3DS's color correction hardware

sorry, idk how to do that :/

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
if you haven't tried it then try it :P

you can only toast the screen if you leave it at 0x3FF brightness for too long. if you accidently go from 1 to 0x3FF, you can safely go back to 1 by just overflowing the value a bit past 0x3FF

well... this thing isn't running in the background at all when you exit it :/ all this program does is abuse the fact that you can mess with sensitive GPU registers from userland; this is only a control panel of sorts for configuring the new3DS's color correction hardware

sorry, idk how to do that :/
It's in the .rsf file for CIA builds. Once the system reboots for these games, this program's effects are nullified.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but this is "LCD Tweaker", not "LED Tweaker" :(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

???
have you tried changing the sliders around?

the charging light isn't controlled by the MCU, but prolly yes. but fyi, this program doesn't use the MCU at all, just pure GSPGPU_(Read|Write)HWRegs :P

Well, that was my fault for not knowing the difference! :P

Thank for pointing that out, lol.

D

Deleted User

Please do a led- disabling? Yeah I read the title, but half of the ppl will use it to lower the brightness at night, and disabling the leds will be so great. Its not like it will make this worse, right? Just some extra lil features?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Please do a led- disabling? Yeah I read the title, but half of the ppl will use it to lower the brightness at night, and disabling the leds will be so great. Its not like it will make this worse, right? Just some extra lil features?

After thinking about it a bit more, I might add it if the extra scrollbars fit in the screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0