Hardware Launching for $/€499 / £429? Are they serious?

whyyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol@people thinking sony will say their product lower than 500. How much did the ps3 cost at launch?
599 US DOLLARS 599 US DOLLARS 599 US DOLLARS. This also incited violence, robbings, and riots on launch. I think they'll go sub 500, but only by a bit.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
499 Euro = 660$.... Dafuq? o.O The Xbone is a pass for me... It's too much sentered for American people with all it's TV show stuff and I don't like all the addons its having like both Kinect and SmartGlass :wacko: Reminds me of the Sega Genisis with it's 32x and CD addons :P

Things are always less expensive in the US. So even if it releases for £450 or £499 it will still be under US$700

Exmaples: (amazon)
360 250GB kinect bundle - US$409, £302
Sony PlayStation 3 500GB Super Slim Assassains Creed Pack- US$299, £279
WiiU deluxe 32GB - US$355, £269

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hopefully it doesn't have a region lock. That way I'll be able to import it from the US, especially if the EU/US tax free(ish) trade agreement comes into place. Currently I'd be paying +24% VAT and possibly an import fee for all electronics.

EDIT: Also the ads: "THE NEW XBOX ONE, JUST UNDER HALF A THOUSAND EUROS!"

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's even more expensive when you figure in what you'll have to spend for your XBOX Live subscription on top of that. I'd pay $499.00 for this console if if weren't DRM riddled and you weren't forced to buy an additional subscription. I'll openly say I've always liked Mi¢rosoft's XBOX/360 consoles but I sincerely hope this bad idea fails...unless they could change their mind about some of the features. Otherwise, there's more negatives than positives. Graphics wise, I didn't see anything that blew me away and nothing I'm not already seeing with my Wii U and gaming PC. The only thing they have going for them is the exclusives.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is what I thought when they announced the prices:
2usc3dy.jpg

Reactions: ShadowSora13

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaming (as with computing) is no longer just about the console. It's about the entire ecosystem. As of this generation, the Microsoft ecosystem is much better and much more reliable (quantifiably) than Sony's. Even if Sony DOES end up having a superior console, that's not necessarily the be all and end all.

Also, Sony has announced that it will NOT be making a loss on hardware sales this generation. Good luck with that ~$400 price tag. We will see tonight, though.

Sony aren't bundling a $100+ camera, there's just no way it'll be more than $400 unless Sony wants to make some crazy profits.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're dreaming if you think Sony will go that low. More like £499, $700

I am not saying that they are going to sell it at that price, i am saying that people are cheap and will buy whats cheaper. i know people that wanted something to play games on and that could play bluray's and bought a 360 thinking that it could play them or that the store had blurays next to the 360 and automaticly thought that it played them or a store employee told them that it played blurays or just simply chose to buy one because it was cheaper not caring about the games, it was the same thing as the wii for some of my friends.

So like i was saying, if it's cheaper, people will buy it.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You guys are kidding, right?

It is a BRAND NEW, cutting-edge console. Of course it's going to be expensive. FFS

Sure they could make it $300, but then you'd have the WiiU, and you'd be complaining about lack of "graphics" instead.

EDIT - Yeah, the cost in the UK does suck. You guys get perpetually boned by the gaming industry for whatever reason.

cutting edge, lulz

Reactions: NahuelDS
D

Dork

Xbox One: 499-649$
WELL I MEAN IT COULD BE WORSE LOOK AT THE PS3

Wii U: 299-349$
WOW ARE YOU SERIOUS MASSIVE PRICE DROP OR NO SALE

gg guys

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i expect sony to announce a price below 499$ but you have to buy 200$ worth of extra stuff, like some proprietary hdd or something.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Things are always less expensive in the US. So even if it releases for £450 or £499 it will still be under US$700

Examples: (amazon)
360 250GB kinect bundle - US$409, £302
Sony PlayStation 3 500GB Super Slim Assassains Creed Pack- US$299, £279
WiiU deluxe 32GB - US$355, £269

To be fair to some of the companies, a lot of the time it's the 20% vat here that gets us :(.

Comparing like for like (no tax, just like the us prices are listed) the wiiu and kinect bundle are cheaper here. £251 ($391) for the kinect and wiiu is £224 ($350). No excuse on the ps3 though, that's just priced massively higher.

Even the xbone is not priced that much more without VAT, only $56 more.

On the subject on that, why does everyone compare pre-tax US prices, to post-tax UK prices, then claim X company is ripping us off, rather than government is ripping us off with the 20% VAT.

KTurbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing is for sure, usually consoles costs in Sweden around what they cost in US*10 + more. My guess is that this Xbox would be around 800-900 USD (converted) in Sweden.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD