Homebrew Launcher.dat to CIA?

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Was there such a homebrew/converter/tool?

It would help make my ROM conversation a bit faster if there was one......

According to the wiki there is but I seem to be having problems finding it.

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the whole thing is there's this tool that creates xorpads out of ncchinfo.bin , I found it in a launcher.dat file. Which is needed to convert 3DS ROMS to CIA files.

If there would be a CIA version of it it would make things a bit faster and would require less plugging out of SD cards from the 3DS to the PC.

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there is an easier way if you don't want to take it in and out of the computer so many times. It is that you need rxTools. They are here on the forum. Cannot convert to cia but it will decrypt rom so you don't need xorpads.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, there is an easier way if you don't want to take it in and out of the computer so many times. It is that you need rxTools. They are here on the forum. Cannot convert to cia but it will decrypt rom so you don't need xorpads.

Except that you have to put the SD card in and take it out of your computer exactly as many times as with 3DS_Deyptor_Void or Decrypt9.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Except that you have to put the SD card in and take it out of your computer exactly as many times as with 3DS_Deyptor_Void or Decrypt9.

Shouldn't if you can get it to work right. It batch decrypts every .3ds or .3dz file it finds on the SD.
That being said, I haven't had any luck using those decrypted 3DS files to make .CIAs cause they are all giving me errors when I try to launch them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM