Launch Games over XMB

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by mclow, Nov 26, 2012.

1. mclow
    OP

mclow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Nuremberg
    hey

im looking for a way to launch games from xmb...
    i know there a three ways to start a game from xmb..

1. straight boot
    2. int\ext with disc
    3. int\ext without disc

i already moded my eboot.bin but i cant figure out how to get it back to pkg....
    my pkg packer always says package.conf parse error....

i realy would like to have all my games in xmb.. pls help me XD

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    as long as all your game are compatible with that feature, then there's no problem ;)
    You can't decide to have "all of them" working, it depend on the game compatibility.

3. mclow
    OP

mclow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Nuremberg
    ok thx... all of them are working if i start from multiman..
    they are all running with disc.... it dont matters if they are signed for 3.55 or 3.41 the new 4.3 supports all of them... ( i think lol)

so the only package.conf i want to install is the one which works for hdd and disk... this one should work with every game...
    i can change direct boot games later... but first i want to have all games shown up in the xmb... LOL i only have 5 games on my int hdd...

this is the way im going: maybe u see the problem

1. i copy my files from the orignal game dir to my pc (bles01667\ps3_game\usrdir)
    ---
    2. i mod my eboot from step one with True Ancestor Eboot Resigner (this isnt only a resinger it has npdrm and disc backup too)
    --- in trueancestor eboot resigner im choosing this choice -> resing to disc back up eboot
    3. then i put the new eboot back in the folder from step one
    4. then im using True Ancestor PKG creator to create a pkg file
    --- in trueancestor pkg creator im choosing -> create pkg -> psn game\homebrew --->>>>MAYBE her is the problem???

i got my games on hdd0:\games\...

the last pkg i installed crashed my ps so bad it had to recover... just had a black screen ...
    the first couple times i had a error messeage ... didnt write down the number sorry...

4. mclow
    OP

mclow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Nuremberg
    just to let u know i found my own way lool...

i just copie loadlastgame from multiman.. and change a few things... then drag and drop on make pkg...

5. BossRoss93

BossRoss93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2012
    United States
    hey mclow, so i am in the same boat, I'm on 4.31 rogero, and looking to mount my games to the XMB. but I have no idea how to do it with the ebootfix tool, what was your process in doing it?