Launch dates for Pokémon titles 'Brilliant Diamond', 'Shining Pearl' and 'Legends: Arceus' revealed

Pokemon_Logo.jpg

The upcoming installments to the Pokémon video games series now have release dates! While the remakes Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl and the new title Pokémon Legends: Arceus were announced earlier this year for the Nintendo Switch, no release window was provided until today via two official tweets.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl, which are remakes of Nintendo DS titles from 2006, will launch on November 19th:

Pokémon Legends: Arceus
, which sees the Pokémon series take a rather new direction by merging action and RPG elements will launch on January 28th.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering I just played through the original Diamond not too long ago, because I wanted to use my EZ Omega to transfer my Gen3 Pokemon, the remakes are almost like an insult to the originals with their ugly chibi optic, despite the fact that nothing new is added aswell.
What I actually do look forward to is Legends because it seems different and therefore interesting from the other titles so far.

Last edited by HalfScoper,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To be honest i dropped pokemon after playing gen 3 because the following ones felt like they made a remake of the earlier gens, replacing geodude with boldore, and zubat with woobat, to name a few examples. I was like 17 by then and felt like replaying gen1-3 instead of trying the new ones.
I did get to play them like a decade later and to be honest i don't think i missed that much. I did enjoy sun and moon (unlike most people) because it's a very nice translation to 3D, it dares try something different (no more HMs, no more Gyms) and it's got cutscenes and a very colorful setting. You could say it reignited my love for pokemon after nearly 15 years
that wasnt gen 4, that was gen 5, gen 5 felt like a reboot (all new 150 pokemons and such) but gen4 was for sure a sequel in all the words(previous gen pokemons got an evolution like gen 2 and new moves and old pokemons also catchable and such, pokemon platinium is still one of the best games around in the franchise.

Last edited by pedro702,

supershadow64ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't seen any new trailers or videos. I'll give them a shot but god do the D/P remakes look awful. I don't understand why they didn't just lift existing assets from Pokemon Masters.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean... if they just shrunk the heads by 30%, it wouldn't feel like we're playing with fucking Funko Pops. Also, if they enhance environmental lighting, improve grass and tree textures and give us some mothafuckin' Mega Evolutions, I'll be happy.

If nothing else, here's hoping people are motivated enough to mod the shit out of this game when Switch emulation is vastly improved.

Last edited by Delerious,

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats wrong with whats that...... porting more old games, heres a logical idea, make something new, we dont need to pay £200+ for a new console and full whack for an old game we already own, or can buy cheaper if "you havent" had chance to play it first time round.

You do know your term "new generation" means nothing, gamers arent all of a sudden a gamer as a new console comes out, you do know they are highly likely to already own consoles before the switch and able to get this game.

Fact still remains its yet again another old title ported.

Why buy a new console to play what you already own or can buy for less.
Ports don't affect when new games release.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It'd be pretty dumb to bring back mega evolutions and not include a single new one. It's very likely this will happen, and i guess it'll put the haters a bit at ease since everyone wanted megas back, and new megas AFAIK
tbh i dont think they will include megas at all, imo its gonna be a pure cash grab, just turning DP into 3d and that is it, not even gonna had platinium content.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
not even gonna had platinium content
Sources found hints of stuff from platinum in shown footage (nothing important tho, just the placement of NPCs and details like that). Also ORAS had new content like megas, so making a remake that's just "the same game but 3D" is very unlikely.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sources found hints of stuff from platinum in shown footage (nothing important tho, just the placement of NPCs and details like that). Also ORAS had new content like megas, so making a remake that's just "the same game but 3D" is very unlikely.
oras was made by game freak itself, this one isnt, they just let an outside studio do it for them, also oras didnt have emerald content either, they added other stuff but didnt use the emerald stuff.

considering its an outside studio handling this one they probably dont have the freedom of changing whatever they want or even adding new stuff, while gf could do whatever they wanted with it, change stuff and add pokemons and wahtnot.

Also since the covers were revelead and palkia and dialga look exactly the same i doubt we will get any transformations tbh, if dialga and palkia in the cover dont have new forms they will likely not add any new forms at all, and megas is probably just too much work for an outside studio since they needed to change the battle system, add megastones through the game and so on.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
megas is probably just too much work for an outside studio since they needed to change the battle system, add megastones through the game and so on.
You know they'll probably get handed source codes from gamefreak or at least some very streamlined guidelines on how the gameplay should be, right? since they been doing it for 25 years...
Just because it's not developed by GF doesn't mean they'll struggle. If they can code the whole game and battle system, adding megas is no big deal. Why would you think adding mega mechanics would be so difficult for a studio that's gonna develop an AAA game for gamefreak?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You know they'll probably get handed source codes from gamefreak or at least some very streamlined guidelines on how the gameplay should be, right? since they been doing it for 25 years...
Just because it's not developed by GF doesn't mean they'll struggle. If they can code the whole game and battle system, adding megas is no big deal. Why would you think adding mega mechanics would be so difficult for a studio that's gonna develop an AAA game for gamefreak?
just mean they cant just change stuff because they want to, when your an outside studio doing work for the big guys you get a timeline and a budget and you dont get paid extra if you put more stuff in, than what the employers asked you too, and timelines are already tight enough to make games and they get paid the same if they add megas or not since if gf didnt explicit said to include them, they wont go around saying hey gf let us put megas becuase we want too...

Also a remaster/remake is not an AAA game material speiclay when they do it like they are doing it where its just a gfx overhaul and not a remake that is totaly diferent like resident evil 2 and so on.

Also you do know this studio is a SUPPORT Studio and has no games in the catalog right? they are mostly an helping studio that does minor stuff like cgi and afew codding for minor stuff and so on, they never outright deevelopped an game as the main studio unless you count pokemon home which isnt even a game but an app to store pokemons.

"
What other games has it worked on?
As we previously mentioned, ILCA is a support studio. As a result, it's worked on all sorts of games including regular ones, augmented reality titles, virtual reality games, and various other stuff including a Domino's pizza app featuring Hatsune Miku."

they basicaly have no track record of being main developers, they just outright do minor codding, cutscenes, cgi stuff.

Also did you read what they said about the game

"Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl enable fans to experience the original story and game features from Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl in a fresh way. The original games have been faithfully reproduced and colourfully revitalized for Nintendo Switch.

"The sense of scale of the towns and routes has been carefully preserved, and fans who played the original games will recognize many familiar places. These games are updated with the easy-to-understand, player-friendly conveniences introduced in recent Pokémon core series video games, in addition to up-close-and-personal Pokémon battle scenes."

just looking at "faithful remake" and "preserving routes scales and areas to be imidiatly recognizable", just screams they are gonna 3d the spirits and call it a day.

Last edited by pedro702,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you dont get paid extra if you put more stuff in, than what the employers asked you too,
Nobody implied that. They CANT add or take away anything without GFs permission, obviously. They're just the coding and 3D modellig minions working for GF, the director of the project is still the pokemon guy from gamefreak. Therefore he makes the calls.

its just a gfx overhaul and not a remake
just screams they are gonna 3d the spirits
Nope. Being on this forum you should know better. There's no such thing as "turning a 2.5D game into full 3D models with enhanced HD graphics", it's a new game made from the ground up. Just because it follows the original game's mechanics, scale and feel more closely than let's go pikachu/eevee did, doesn't mean it's not an entirely new remade game. I mean from the developers POV, it's literally a new game. it's not an enhanced port, it's not an upscaled and HD textured version, or anything like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1