Nintendo launches Pokemon Sound Library, allowing content creators to use Diamond and Pearl OST in projects

dpdpdpdp.png

Nintendo is known for being fairly strict when it comes to its intellectual properties. However, they've launched a website that might make it easier for those to use music content from one of its franchises. The Pokemon Company has revealed the existence of the Pokemon DP Sound Library, which allows you to freely listen to any of the soundtrack or sound effects from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, or even use them in select cases without fear of copyright strikes. At least, so long as you follow their fairly restrictive rules. The full 149-track OST is available to use in non-commercial ways, such as using the songs at a non-commercial dance, play, and sporting event, or as background audio to a video.

Anything involving commercial use is a no-go, as is using the music in games or software. You also can't use the songs in videos that have a religious or political focus, or if it promotes or advertises a product. The full list of guidelines, as well as the music itself, is available on the Pokemon DP Sound Library website.

Pokémon DP Sound Library is a place to both listen and download the music and sound effects from the 2006 Nintendo DS™ games, Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version. Explore the world of incredible sounds for Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, which serves as the roots for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl, and Pokémon Legends: Arceus games.

:arrow: Source

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Red/Green (GB)
https://vgmdb.net/album/141
Red/Green (GBA)
https://vgmdb.net/album/4336
Ruby / Sapphire
https://vgmdb.net/album/1024
Gold/Silver (including GB version)
https://vgmdb.net/album/15237
Diamond Pearl
https://vgmdb.net/album/3945
Black & White
https://vgmdb.net/album/20831
Black & White 2
https://vgmdb.net/album/33367
X / Y
https://vgmdb.net/album/41066
Moon / Sun
https://vgmdb.net/album/61193
Let's go Pikachu / Eevee / Yellow GB
https://vgmdb.net/album/80458

All of that also on iTunes for $10.

It's all available, except Sword/Shield.

Also most of the Japanese music is not even available digitally. So going after Nintendo / GF specifically is silly.

Only comment with a brain here while the rest is like:
8d86feea471dbe073939db494ead537d.jpeg

People just have to express their unwanted (and uneducated) opinions everytime Nintendo/GF does anything, whether "good" or "bad".

Edit since I don't care about my amount of posts:
Pot, meet kettle
In English again please, I don't speak gibberish.

imagine having to wait for some out of touch corporation to let you freely use their games osts as a sound library rather than just using the OSTs without their permission because it's under fair use

this post was made by every human with a functioning brain gang
i don't see the "excellent games and consoles" part. maybe if this were 2006 sure
nobody cares, please stop whining
Such a role model.

Last edited by HalfScoper,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't see the "excellent games and consoles" part. maybe if this were 2006 sure

That's subjective. Same could be said of the PS5 and Series X.

Only comment with a brain here while the rest is like:
8d86feea471dbe073939db494ead537d.jpeg

People just have to express their unwanted (and uneducated) opinions everytime Nintendo/GF does anything, whether "good" or "bad".

Pot, meet kettle

Reactions: 64bitmodels

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, that's neat but oddly specific. The other Pokemon games--and spinoffs--have fantastic soundtracks as well. It seems weird that only DP soundtracks and not, say, Black and White soundtracks, are available for use.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this kind of explains the GilvaSunner situation (though it doesn't make it feel less asinine, at least until they make everything they struck down available). And before the fanboys come to the rescue, I understand Nintendon't was within their legal rights.
They're a bunch of twats wasting time and money fucking its fans over, who loyally bend over and still love nintendo and defend the..

Claiming they are an innovative company, sure releasing old cheap hardware to play the same old recycled games is "innovation".

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
imagine having to wait for some out of touch corporation to let you freely use their games osts as a sound library rather than just using the OSTs without their permission because it's under fair use

this post was made by every human with a functioning brain gang
Imagine sitting down and issuing over 3000 manual Copyright claims and blocking a video outright instead of just monetizing it which YouTube allows you to do.

This Initiative feels like something that would make sense 19 years ago. Judging by PLA's graphics some people at the Pokemon company still live in 2003.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine sitting down and issuing over 3000 manual Copyright claims and blocking a video outright instead of just monetizing it which YouTube allows you to do.

This Initiative feels like something that would make sense 19 years ago. Judging by PLA's graphics some people at the Pokemon company still live in 2003.
don't shame 2003 games like that

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they won't- their job is to protect their clients IP even if its the most minor shit

And yet they won't provide legal avenues of obtaining most of their IPs, so yeah, it's a dick move. Nintendo of Japan's lawyers are litigious pricks. Wished people wouldn't blindly defend them.

they won't- their job is to protect their clients IP even if its the most minor shit

No need to be a smartass.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ever since they announced this in Japanese, I've gotten nothing but 403s trying to access the site.
Does it work for anyone? The only screenshots I've ever seen were in a Japanese article.

Eyacorkett

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I guess this kind of explains the GilvaSunner situation (though it doesn't make it feel less asinine, at least until they make everything they struck down available). And before the fanboys come to the rescue, I understand Nintendon't was within their legal rights.
There's actually a possibility that Nintendo isn't even the one that blocked the videos

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure Gilva and others will stop ripping OST's now because they got their voices heard and that it got done see if TPC did this in the FIRST PLACE they wouldn't look like such assholes

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's actually a possibility that Nintendo isn't even the one that blocked the videos

sad whoever is doing this will probably be never found nor the US federal government will never prosecute(even though DMCA takedown abuse IS a felony honestly maybe YT should register offical companies in a db giving them accounts specificly to them and (instantly) deny all other dmca claims that would cut down on abuse

vaugerbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm still amazed that YouTube still doesn't have a system for verifying if someone is the real copyright holder, the idea that anyone determined enough can just come along and basically harass someone into potentially shutting down their channel is appalling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...