Homebrew Latest Wiimotes don't work in some homebrew

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
By latest, I mean these ones, any help is appreciated!
ef688a1d893d5519dd2385d1c637b2d3.jpg

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Wow, would have never expected this would get a reply, thanks! I have normal Wiimotes and they work fine. I have an older Wiimote Plus which also works fine. And here I have this latest one, where you can press Sync without taking the battery cover off and this doesn't work. Will check the product ID.

HeavyMetalLoser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently did some testing with a Mario-themed Wiimote+ that I got from Wal-Mart just a few days ago. Model RVL-036

Homebrew Channel menu - Works as normal.

FCE Ultra GX, Genesis Plus GX, SNES9X GX, and VBA GX - work as normal with full Classic Controller support.

Nintendont - works fully with Classic Controller. Note that if a Gamecube Controller is plugged into GC slot 1, the Wiimote will be set as Player 2.

USB Loader GX - Doesn't work in menu, works perfectly in game. A Gamecube Controller can be used to navigate the menu and launch games if it's set to list mode.

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
I recently did some testing with a Mario-themed Wiimote+ that I got from Wal-Mart just a few days ago. Model RVL-036

Homebrew Channel menu - Works as normal.

FCE Ultra GX, Genesis Plus GX, SNES9X GX, and VBA GX - work as normal with full Classic Controller support.

Nintendont - works fully with Classic Controller. Note that if a Gamecube Controller is plugged into GC slot 1, the Wiimote will be set as Player 2.

USB Loader GX - Doesn't work in menu, works perfectly in game. A Gamecube Controller can be used to navigate the menu and launch games if it's set to list mode.
that's really peculiar. My wiimote is also RVL-036 and I've used it in USBLGX numerous times. Granted, I haven't booted USBLGX in a while, if there's been an update in the past ~4 months, maybe it broke 036 compatibility.

HeavyMetalLoser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's really peculiar. My wiimote is also RVL-036 and I've used it in USBLGX numerous times. Granted, I haven't booted USBLGX in a while, if there's been an update in the past ~4 months, maybe it broke 036 compatibility.

Well, I haven't even attempted to update it since I started using it. I just use the version that was linked in the tutorial video that I learned to install all my homebrew stuff in the first place.

According to it's Homebrew Channel menu, it's v1.0 r866, but I usually launch it from it's own channel, so that might not be accurate.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I haven't even attempted to update it since I started using it. I just use the version that was linked in the tutorial video that I learned to install all my homebrew stuff in the first place.

According to it's Homebrew Channel menu, it's v1.0 r866, but I usually launch it from it's own channel, so that might not be accurate.

The latest HBC is 1.1.2 so yours might be out of date. It doesn't have a separate channel, though. It is a channel.

As for Wii Remote + it depends on what version of libogc the program was compiled with. Older versions didn't know about WM+, middle ones don't know about multiple versions of them.

Third-party (non-Nintendo) ones are hit-or-miss.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

HeavyMetalLoser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest HBC is 1.1.2 so yours might be out of date. It doesn't have a separate channel, though. It is a channel.

As for Wii Remote + it depends on what version of libogc the program was compiled with. Older versions didn't know about WM+, middle ones don't know about multiple versions of them.

Third-party (non-Nintendo) ones are hit-or-miss.
Turns out my version of USB Loader GX was just horribly out of date. I manually updated it from 1.0 to 3.0 and now my new Wiimote works perfectly in it. Updating also seem to have fixed the random crashing that sometimes happens when starting it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1