Homebrew Latest emulator and libogc with 3rd party classic controller

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
star247 said:
matguitarist - not to be a pain but I'm not sure how to find the type of controller. It is one that I bought from Ebay and it's from China. It does work in the regular Wii menu just not in Homebrew. Do I need to download any other of the files you linked to before or just the emulator file?

No you don't need anything else ... if it work in the menu and don't in homebrew it's a third party controller .... if anyone can tell me if the last revision of any tantric emulator i uploaded work with his 3rd party classic controller cause i compile it from linux ( ubuntu ).

I'll uploaded devkitpro and libogc ( Linux version ) soon for people who want it.

I check want i can do for you star247 as soon i have a come back from a tester ... till there ... be patient and hope
smile.gif

star247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
star247 said:
matguitarist - not to be a pain but I'm not sure how to find the type of controller. It is one that I bought from Ebay and it's from China. It does work in the regular Wii menu just not in Homebrew. Do I need to download any other of the files you linked to before or just the emulator file?

No you don't need anything else ... if it work in the menu and don't in homebrew it's a third party controller .... if anyone can tell me if the last revision of any tantric emulator i uploaded work with his 3rd party classic controller cause i compile it from linux ( ubuntu ).

I'll uploaded devkitpro and libogc soon for people who want it.

I check want i can do for you star247 as soon i have a come back from a tester ... till there ... be patient and hope
smile.gif

No problem...I'll keep lookin and hope to find an answer. I'll check back for your response or PM me

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
89turbocs said:
matguitarist said:
no isn't the same 89turbocs, i add a new patch that fix more controller, the usb2 version is compiled with my old libogc ... i don't know if he use the latest one with new revision, i didn't check if he update his mod emulators

ok awesome, i figured it was the same compile so i didn't bother. i'll give it a shot and let you know if it worked. thanks

it didn't work. everything works but the joysticks

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
matguitarist said:
Thank to confirm it work ... i'll see if i can find something for fixing that .... if i find something i'll PM you for testing it

that would be great, i'd be glad to test it

edit: i forgot to mention that the only one i tried was wii64, as really thats the only one i care about for joystick use. however, if you would like me to matguitarist, i'll test the others

star247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist - ran the app and the ID's were 0x0 for all of them (I have 3) it ID them as 3rd party controllers

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the first wii64 of yours i tested, the "honey 1.1 w/usb2.0 and third part classic" everything worked but the joysticks. the second one i tested, "wii64 r995,tar.gz", only the ABXY buttons worked, no dpad or joysticks. the snes emulator "snes9xgx r573.7z" everything worked but the joysticks. come to think of it, i forgot to test the shoulder buttons. my bad, i'll check that out soon.

edit: yes, i'm using official CCPro. i'll try to get the id for you

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok thank
smile.gif

It's seem to be a common issue from libogc ... it do the same with normal 3rd party controller i'll check in the wiiuse library. The error seem to come from the min max range of the stick, the joystick don't send data for that, the problem as been report to wii64 team but nobody got time to fix it ...

i'm not a pro in coding but i'll try to fix it .... any help is welcome

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i understand, thanks alot for the effort. if you need me to help with anything (besides coding as i'm lost in that area) let me know

OuKKaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
matguitarist said:
Hey OuKKan does the latest version i uploaded work with your controller?

I will test them right now.

UPDATE:
-Snes9xgx works great, just the analog not being detected.
Vbagx works great just the analog not being detected.
FCE Ultra GX doesn't work at least in my console, when i run it from HBC i get the message "Esta no es una aplicacion de Wii valida", translated it's something like "This is not a valid Wii application".

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i changed back to my official release snes emulator, and now everything is working including the joysticks and shoulder buttons. i changed back to my old wii64 compile, and the shoulder buttons work, but no joysticks. i tested my official builds for visualboy and nes, everything works including joysticks for those. my compile for genesis with the new GUI, has no joystick support, but everything else works. my revision of SMSplus has no joystick support, but everything else works. hope this helps

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OuKKaN said:
matguitarist said:
Hey OuKKan does the latest version i uploaded work with your controller?

I will test them right now.

UPDATE:
-Snes9xgx works great, just the analog not being detected.
Vbagx works great just the analog not being detected.
FCE Ultra GX doesn't work at least in my console, when i run it from HBC i get the message "Esta no es una aplicacion de Wii valida", translated it's something like "This is not a valid Wii application".

Thank for your time OuKKaN ! I'll reuploaded last version of fceux, i'm recompiling it right now

It seem like Tantric has fix the problem ... i'll try to ask him if he fix his libogc or only his emulator. If he add my little fix to his patch any controller should work ...

star247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By seeing all the success people are having with their 3rd party controllers, does anyone have a site I can check out to purchase ones that will work properly with the emulators? I know I can just purchase the original ones from Wii itself but like everyone else I'm looking for a great deal.

matguitarist - thanks for all the help if you find a solution I'll still greatly appreceiate it

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I reuploaded latest fceugx, can you give it a try OuKKaN? fceugx r463

i'm waiting for a responce from tantric .... maybe the analog stick problem can be fix with his fix in other emulator.

That's strange star247 OuKKaN has the same problem has you and the latest fix resolved the problem ....
Same ID 0x0 , i'll try to find what different about your

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1