Gaming Laser printer's ink toners

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm low on ink for my laser printer. Besides saving a ton of money by refilling it instead of replacing it, I'm wondering what the advantages and disadvantages are.

Here's the list I have so far..

Advantages:
-cheap

Disadvantages:
-might damage the printing thingy (that's what I heard from my uncle at least..)

Anything else that I might have missed?

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disagvantage:
-if you had bad luck then you may have a cartage damaged and you'll lose half your ink in an hour. lol just kidding. just make sure you clean your carage before you put it in. But I don't think it will be dirty but just make sure.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Have a look here.

It's a way of increasing the lifespan of your catridges.

I haven't tried this myself but the guy who posted the link on irc said it worked for them.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the feedback. Does that apply to laser printer though, dice? I think those are just for regular ink. Not sure if laser printer's ink is different.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Dont laser printers use toner instead of ink? I dont think it possible to refill a toner cartridge as toner is not a liquid its more of a powder isnt it? Im not 100% sure just throwing it out there.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think it will work with laser printers, the ink they use is in a powder form in the cartridge. Suppliers always claim that you need to use the proper cartridges as any aftermarket things can damage the printer. Shops that supply aftermarket things/refills claim that is crap and it's completely safe. TBH, I don't believe either of them 100%
wink.gif

If you can afford it, I'd go with the proper cartridges, although thinking about it, I can't see any reason an aftermarket refill could bugger a laser printer up.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well you have to be 100% sure you are using the correct toner as different toners get fused to paper at different temperatures, toner is melted onto the paper as far as I am aware, using the wrong type could damage your fuser array or just make a God awful mess on the inside of your printer!

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, to be honest, a cheap 3rd party cartridge would probably be easier.

however, having said that, it used to be that most photocopiers would literally have toner powder just poured into them, and IBM still manufacture big laser printers for large businesses that still work that way. so it is almost normal to refill toner cartridges, usually it involves making a hole in the cartridge, pouring in the powder, and putting a plug in the hole (oh, and pray to your deity that it doesn't come out and gunk up your printer).

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm just going to buy the toners. lol thanks for the feedback. I don't wanna fuck up my color laser printer. I love how it prints so crisp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc