Gaming Laptop built-in KB+M not working within Windows

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My bro's having issues with his laptop. For some reason the built-in keyboard and mouse doesn't work in Windows, but they still work within the BIOS. External keyboards+mice work in Windows though. He tried reinstalling Windows, but with no luck. Anyone know how to fix this? It's an Acer Aspire 7552G-5488.
Thanks in advance.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
My bro's having issues with his laptop. For some reason the built-in keyboard and mouse doesn't work in Windows, but they still work within the BIOS. External keyboards+mice work in Windows though. He tried reinstalling Windows, but with no luck. Anyone know how to fix this? It's an Acer Aspire 7552G-5488.
Thanks in advance.

Are there software/drivers for that laptop relative to the keyboard and mouse? Did the laptop come with a recovery disk? Simply reinstalling windows may not be enough if it doesn't contain the specific software/drivers for it.

One other thing. Does the laptop have a BIOS setting to allow the built-in keyboard/mouse to be disabled?

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There aren't any drivers for the keyboard (as it's supposed to be detected as a generic keyboard). The trackpad is a standard Synaptics trackpad (and thus uses Synaptics drivers). It should be able to at least point-and-click without the drivers, but it doesn't even appear in Device Manager.

And unless there's some hidden settings somewhere, the keyboard and mouse can't be disabled.

EDIT: Well, both show up in Device Manager now, however their statuses read that the devices can't start (Code 10).

EDIT2: Running Microsoft's new Fixit program just fixed my keyboard by resetting the drivers, but couldn't fix the trackpad. I'm not sure if the keyboard fix is going to hold after a reboot though.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
There aren't any drivers for the keyboard (as it's supposed to be detected as a generic keyboard). The trackpad is a standard Synaptics trackpad (and thus uses Synaptics drivers). It should be able to at least point-and-click without the drivers, but it doesn't even appear in Device Manager.

And unless there's some hidden settings somewhere, the keyboard and mouse can't be disabled.

EDIT: Well, both show up in Device Manager now, however their statuses read that the devices can't start (Code 10).

Maybe the wire connection from the keyboard/mouse is faulty. :(

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:unsure: I just rebooted, the trackpad disappeared from Device Manager and the keyboard no longer has an error (which is really odd, because it still doesn't work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife