Hardware Laptop AMD GPU not working ?!

SamHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there everyone. It's been three days since I have a serious problem with my PC. It started when I tried to update my amd gpu driver and get an error saying that the AMD Display Driver failed to install then I tried to reinstall it and nothing changed and after that I noticed that as if my PC wasn't able to detect my graphic card. I searched through google for a solution but nothing works (used DDU in safe mode to delete all the driver's files and reinstall it). Please can anyone help me with this, my PC is just useless now.

Last edited by SamHack,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AMD do have their own one as well
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx
I have not tried it, nor the DDU program you mention, but I have not had graphics drivers make a mess of things in a while.

Do you have a model of laptop? For a PC I would not care but laptops can be more annoying with proprietary drivers and custom chips, as well as if it is a dual/switchable graphics chip stuff which can also be annoying to handle. What version of windows as well?

Do you have a Linux liveCD you could take as far as installing the proprietary drivers for? If the proprietary drivers work there and you have nice 3d then you can be fairly sure it is not a hardware issue. Did you notice anything that might indicate a graphics chip on the way out in the weeks leading up to this? Such things would be screen occasionally going black, glitches in 3d games/rendering software where there are none usually, possibly excessive fan noise and 3d programs crashing unexpectedly.

SamHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've managed to solve the problem by reset my windows and disabling the windows driver update after that. Thannk you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5