Lameboy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Hakoda, Apr 12, 2009.

Apr 12, 2009

Lameboy? by Hakoda at 3:23 AM (4,842 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I hate how in Lameboy 0.10 and above it adds like a border around the actual game. (In old Pokemon Games) Is there anyway to remove that? this doesnt happen in Lameboy v0.9 but the picture is black and white so i dun wanna use that.

The border im talkin about is this: [​IMG]

My friend has an original Blue cartridge but its GBC. Did anyone even dump a Blue version GBC. Im not asking for a rom link, i just wanna know if it has ever been done.

Im guessing its the SGB Border but when I go into the settings in the menu in v0.10 or v0.11, it wont let me select off.

~ Jon

2. uberpubert69

Member uberpubert69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes disable the SGB emulation settings./ I don't see why it wouldnt let you disable it. [​IMG] EDIT: oh it won't let you disable it while in-game, before you start a game do that [​IMG]

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Blue version was not released for GBC.

4. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Thanks so much. That worked perfectly. Yet I do believe without the SGB border, it will only load the display in black & white or a shade of green. With SGB enabled, there were indicated colors. Well, at least i figured out how to remove it. I didnt even know you could toggle through menu before booting up a game.

~ Jon

5. SuperGustafson9

Newcomer SuperGustafson9 Member

United States
    I Think Lameboy ds 0.13 Is Coming Out And That Background Boarder Was Removed From it!

6. uberpubert69

Member uberpubert69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im glad to have been help [​IMG]

7. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Stop capitalising everything and making up bullshit, preferably in that order.

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Basically, the colors you see are built into the rom specifically for the Super Gameboy. Thus, turning off SGB support to remove the border will also remove the colors. That's unfortunately all you can do with Lameboy. In Goomba Color there are a few more options you can mess with for the SGB support, but that's GBA only.

Note that the colors the GBC normally gives to old GB games is actually built into the GBC BIOS itself, which cannot be dumped. The colorization info is not stored inside the rom, so there's no way we can apply the GBC colorizations that way. We could make our own database of color data for various games, but that would be very tedius and would take a lot of effort.

9. darkside2205

Newcomer darkside2205 Newbie

United States
    just make it fullscreen... or deal with the boder. is having a border so much worse than just a black box? no not really.