Homebrew Lameboy DS 0.12

MatioMania

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice there's no SE on Space Invaders (J) GB, just bringing it up for the next update

I don't have the US version ROM, so I can't test that...

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Thx. We'll put it onto the list.
rolleyes.gif

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Um...Lameboy hasn't been updated in 2 years.
It's a damn shame too. The GBC bios has been dumped. It'd be a real treat if that was implemented. GB emulation is one of the few things that the ds has the ability to do near perfectly.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing to make the Lameboy perfect is if it had a a cheat engine for games. Its always a nice option to have for any emulator.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dickfour said:
machomuu said:
It's a damn shame too. The GBC bios has been dumped. It'd be a real treat if that was implemented. GB emulation is one of the few things that the ds has the ability to do near perfectly.

Um... seeing as I haven't yet encountered any game that didn't run or even the slightest bug while running any game, and at the same time the Lameboy has all the features you could possibly ask of an emulator, I wouldn't really see the need for an update.

There is nothing that Lameboy DS lacks (that I can think of), so what could possibly be added or improved?

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shoat said:
dickfour said:
machomuu said:

Um... seeing as I haven't yet encountered any game that didn't run or even the slightest bug while running any game, and at the same time the Lameboy has all the features you could possibly ask of an emulator, I wouldn't really see the need for an update.

There is nothing that Lameboy DS lacks (that I can think of), so what could possibly be added or improved?
I just said what it lacked. The GBC bios. If that was implemented you could use the color palates in the bios for all the old GB monochrome games. It'd make playing the older game boy games a lot nicer.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Shoat said:

There is one item that could be added IMHO......ARG() Support

This will allow Homebrew like iMenu, Menudo, Bagplug etc to 'pass on' GB/GBC roms details to Lameboy to auto run them, without having to start up Lameboy then re-select the ROM

D

Deleted-236924

Tonitonichopchop said:
Someone should have continued Lameboy for the Homebrew Bounty. That would have been awesome.
Find the source files and we'll talk about it.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i would love support for microids games, fish files and addams family new series .. also conquer pocket tales! ah well they work for psp Gb emu

edit : oh forgot the neat harry potter games on gbc.. ah its good to wish and cost nothing ^^

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Heh, although it doesn't really matter to post it here, Robopon Sun Version doesn't run for me (anyone else?), so is there another GBC emu I could try or what?
frown.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
My biggest complaint is lack of auto saving. If you save in-game and immediately power off the DS, your game is not saved. It doesn't save unless you open the emulator menu and click save (or exit). I've lost more than a few hours of progress to this :( I wish he'd open source this if he's not planning on continuing development...

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
The man dissapeared ages ago. No source and no signs of him means that lameboy is pretty much finished. I know about your issue, the first time I played pokemon crystal with it, I played like 2 hours and saved, then when i resumed , everything was lost. The only way to save is using save states. Games like Pokemon Puzzle Challenge ramdonly locks up too.

I wish I was a good coder or something, that way I would try to port Gommba Color or something, but we if we can't do it, we can only wait :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo