Lameboy and EZ Flash IV Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Devilotx, Jul 3, 2009.

Jul 3, 2009

Lameboy and EZ Flash IV Lite by Devilotx at 7:24 PM (1,625 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Devilotx
    OP

Newcomer Devilotx Newbie

United States
    I'm trying to Get Lameboy to work on my EZFlash IV lite, but I seem to be doing something wrong, I've copied the .nds file straight to the DS in explorer, it doesn't run, then I used the EZ4Client to move it over, doesn't run.

then I used Dlditool-win32.gui to patch the .nds file with the ezsd.dldi file, used the EZ4Client software to move the .nds file over and it launches to a white screen.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong... any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Not really any help with getting Lameboy to work, but is there a reason you wish to use it over Goomba Color?

3. Devilotx
    OP

Newcomer Devilotx Newbie

United States
    No particular reason, I've never tried Goomba Color, is it better then Lameboy DS?

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Depends on what features you value I guess, but I'd say yes. Goomba Color uses hardware emulation (meaning it uses the parts inside of the DS/GBA to emulate the Game Boy, since it already includes those parts) instead of software emulation like Lameboy. Because it's largely running natively in hardware, the speed is excellent, whereas Lameboy can have slowdown in more complex games (although very few still have problems, really). Because it's being emulated in hardware though, there's no way to scale the screen, so you're stuck with either a black border or a Super Game Boy border if you're playing one of those games which have them. Lameboy allows scaling to the full screen height (retaining aspect ratio) or full screen scaling (horizontal stretching). Goomba has a dual GBC and SGB mode which allows you to play GBC games with SGB borders in the rare games which support both (Zelda: Link's Awakening DX is the best known one, see below for what it'll look like in Goomba). The only other downside I can think of is that Goomba Color requires you to build a ROM which compiles all the GB/C games you want; Lameboy just accesses them through DLDI. If you can't get Lameboy running at all, Goomba's an excellent emulator, so you're really not missing out on much.

[​IMG]

5. jy2

Newcomer jy2 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Also, Lameboy supports RTC for games like Pokemon! [​IMG]