L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by bylaws, Apr 28, 2019.

1. SwordfishII

SwordfishII Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2019
    United States
    Anything new?

2. xstre pwnsx

xstre pwnsx GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2008
    United States
  3. Gavin_Darkglider

Gavin_Darkglider GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2019
    United States
    Yeah, their were some sdcard fixes for u-boot included in the 1.5.0 update I didnt document, because I didnt think they would make a difference after the kernel booted. I am happy they got you up and running though.
    Gentoo and Arch are done(At least basic hardware support) Just waiting on me to get off my ass and release them. lol. I will bootstrap debian next, which should go stupid quick(and have full hardware support like ubuntu). That being said, I am currently waiting on my sdcard RMA from samsung, so development has come to a halt for me until that comes in. As for the rest of the hardware support for arch and gentoo, it is a matter of installing debs from jetpack, which is the easy part, as most of that is just extract and place. lol. It is just the idiosyncrasies between distros. lol.

4. CalcProgrammer1

CalcProgrammer1 Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    United States
    Glad to hear you're working on a Debian port. I started creating my own with debootstrap but never got around to finishing it, and I know I'd get stuck with the drivers. I already run Debian arm64 on a bunch of other boards as well as my desktop/laptop systems so I'll definitely be switching to it on my Switch.

SwordfishII likes this.
  5. UserlsMyName

UserlsMyName Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2019
    United States
    is there any way to dual boot android and ubuntu in switch ?

6. Conan179

Conan179 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    Yes, with edit the boot.scr.

7. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    Now to wait for arch

8. UserlsMyName

UserlsMyName Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2019
    United States
    [​IMG] is there something wrong with my switch

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

im stuck on this screen

Last edited by UserlsMyName, Oct 11, 2019
  9. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    use another SD card

10. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    LP0 is working. It only took 180 Days, and hours of stairing at code for coreboot/atf, but it all payed off in the end.

Will push fixes later today so stay tuned.

Nothing wrong with your switch, just the sdcard driver in the kernel. Use a samsung evo card, and it should work.

But YEAH. LP0....

11. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Heroic B-)

12. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    So, this LP0 stuff is taking longer than anticipated, for some reason ubuntu wont wake up. :( It works on my gentoo build quite nicely, so I am not sure what is going on with ubuntu.

xstre pwnsx likes this.
  13. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    LP0 is deep sleep, correct?

14. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    Yes, lp0 is deepsleep, unfortunatly, something about ubuntu is breaking it. So, I am working on porting ubuntu 18.04 from the nvidia samplefs to see if it makes a difference. Arch is having the same problems, so I dont know why it works *perfectly*(with a few workarounds) in gentoo.

stick267 likes this.
  15. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    So, no change with sample root from nvidia. :(

16. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    Dang, guess deep sleep will take a while if it ever comes.

This has done so much to prevent me from installing Flash, while using Cinnamon makes the touch screen inputs hit other spots. (A rotation thing. I suppose that's fair though, it's made for Unity.)

17. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    Deep sleep issue has been found, and is being worked on as we speak. New touch driver should fix your issues there, rotation isnt working for me in rel30, probably something stupid I missed. lol. Ambiant light sensor is working though, and I am waiting on new joycon rail driver. Once that is done, and deepsleep issue is fixed, I will push an update for ubuntu, but really, I want to push a new image all together, because there are a lot of things userspace side of things that need to change to make everything work properly. Dont worry ubuntu people I havnt forgotten you. ;)

18. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Great news. I wasn't aware that a Joy Con rail driver was being worked on. Will the updated image include reboot to payload as well? Either way, I can't wait for it. Thanks for all your hard work.

19. Worldblender

Worldblender Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2019
    United States
    Good that there will be a new image coming out. It will save me from having to download and apply multiple updates at once.

20. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    Oh sweet! I'm all for a new image myself if it means a better overall experience.

SwordfishII likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted