OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
l4d2demo580g.jpg

QUOTE said:
Doug Lombardi has told Joystiq that a multiplayer demo for Valve's Left 4 Dead 2 is planned for both the Xbox 360 and PC. According to Valve's PR guru, users who pre-order the upcoming zombie survival title at "participating retailers or [via] Steam" will gain "advanced access to the demo," which will eventually land on both platforms for all users prior to the game's November 17 launch.

Speaking with OXM at a recent London preview event, Lombardi discussed the strength of Left 4 Dead's "word of mouth," which has presumably fueled the need for a demo to the sequel. With groups calling for a boycott of Left 4 Dead 2 due to lack of content support for the original title, a demo may be the best way for Valve to prove why it believes its sequel warrants a full price tag. Although, strong pre-order numbers tell us the game is already on pace to decimate sales charts like a zombie tank.

Source

Yay for more zombie games. Hopefully the demo will prove that L4D2 is worth the purchase and isn't just L4D re-skinned.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EA has to stop this. They did it with Fight Night, some other sports game, and now L4D.
Stop giving demos as preorder bonuses. They're already buying it.
*And before someone who doesn't quite understand tries to bring it up, Valve is part of the EA Partners program, where EA helps them publish stuff. So Left 4 Dead is part of the EA label.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
First one was pretty good, but did get a tad repetitive after awhile. Here's hoping for more options and maybe even a story (though it is a zombie shooter
wink.gif
).

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They only publish, I don't think that they did some pressure to have a second one out.
I think that Newell said that they voted the next big project in-house and that L4D was the winner.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Yeah, putting an early demo is a good idea but.. the demo will come as a pre-order bonus..

The boycotters won't pre-order the game just to play the demo and see if it's good
tongue.gif
lol what boycotters? According to EA, L4D2 has twice the amount of pre-orders then the first one. So much for that petition..

But hopefully its good and I'll pick it up but I don't know as I haven't even played the 1st one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/l6ek7TmdGE8?si=k_qXsn8Finqhz70P +1