Hacking L/R Should Buttons and Replacement Cases.

` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My L button is being mean and stopped working some time ago, I also somehow screwed up my top screen so I might be replacing my screens and while I'm at it I'll just replace the case, but I have one question. If I replace the case, will my L button work again? Is the problem in the casing/springs that operate the button?

chriso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thepsphq.com
XP
Country
United States
The springs usually don't break on a ds, they "slip" which can make the triggers difficult to press or don't function at all in some cases. It also could be dirt, which in that case try cleaning or blowing out the triggers - you might be surprised(worked for me before). Full case mods usually come with everything including buttons, screws, and springs for the triggers(hint - DX). Make sure you look at the specification and pictures to see if everything is there. Everything should work fine after case replacement in other words, just make you look at guides periodically.

Crazyninjaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chrismas1forums.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
I found a fix to the L button problem a while ago.

1. Make a complete seal around the L button with your mouth.
2. Blow hard 10 times.
3. Test out the L button on pictochat etc after sending about 10 messages.

Hope this helps
smile.gif

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
had this happen on my old lite, it was f'd.
got a DSi when traded in at EB games... (um, somehting like gamestop i guess...)

took it apart and working with just the mobo, touching the shoulder triggers... they were broken... maybe they needed to be fully replaced, but i wasnt hanging around to find out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.