clegion

OP
Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
okay, so i have a dslite, now the problem is that the L button is harder to be pressed and recognized by the system compared to the R button, i found this out while playing PS:0, it's no annoying or impeding to the gameplay, but does anyone know why?, and the way to fix this?, or should i just buy a new one altogether?

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the CLUB!

Here's your member card with your member number. We have meetings every tuesdays at 6 pm

Don't forget to bring your DS with you!

Try blowing in it... if it works better then it's dust, if not then the spring inside may be damaged...

My DSi R button doesn't work so good but it does temporarly when i blow in it so i have to find a way to clean it ;D

rockraven500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kinda gross(?) but touch you tongue to the little gap on the side between the button and the console, then blow, works better. Don't sound right but it works. That's what I had to do with mine cause just bowing didn't work.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rockraven500 said:
Kinda gross(?) but touch you tongue to the little gap on the side between the button and the console, then blow, works better. Don't sound right but it works. That's what I had to do with mine cause just bowing didn't work.

it is gross but it already tried that and it works really well... (it's just that i don't feel comfortable doing this in the middle of a store or somewhere public lol)

QUOTEHe's making out with his DS!!
wub.gif

Edit: If it's the spring you can open it your self and see what's gron with it... if it's bent you can either bend it again or get new springs (I wonder if DX sells springs separatly XD)

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think they do, but a set of l and r buttons only cost one or two dollars anyway.
Also, it's probably not the springs. It's more likely that the pad under the button is not connecting properly to its contacts.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless you're willing to take apart your DS, there's nothing you can do to fix it besides blowing.
I had a DS Lite with the same problem, I blew in it a few times and a week later the thing was completely fixed, or at least I never had the same problem again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Brown note