L button half working

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by clegion, Nov 14, 2009.

Nov 14, 2009

L button half working by clegion at 4:18 PM (895 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. clegion
    OP

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    okay, so i have a dslite, now the problem is that the L button is harder to be pressed and recognized by the system compared to the R button, i found this out while playing PS:0, it's no annoying or impeding to the gameplay, but does anyone know why?, and the way to fix this?, or should i just buy a new one altogether?

2. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    Welcome to the CLUB!

Here's your member card with your member number. We have meetings every tuesdays at 6 pm

Don't forget to bring your DS with you!

Try blowing in it... if it works better then it's dust, if not then the spring inside may be damaged...

My DSi R button doesn't work so good but it does temporarly when i blow in it so i have to find a way to clean it ;D

3. clegion
    OP

United States
    wow thanks, i am going to try it now i guess, so if it's the spring is there anyway to fix it?, save for sending it to nintendo

4. rockraven500

Newcomer rockraven500 Advanced Member

Canada
    Kinda gross(?) but touch you tongue to the little gap on the side between the button and the console, then blow, works better. Don't sound right but it works. That's what I had to do with mine cause just bowing didn't work.

5. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    Edit: If it's the spring you can open it your self and see what's gron with it... if it's bent you can either bend it again or get new springs (I wonder if DX sells springs separatly XD)

6. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I don't think they do, but a set of l and r buttons only cost one or two dollars anyway.
    Also, it's probably not the springs. It's more likely that the pad under the button is not connecting properly to its contacts.

7. clegion
    OP

United States
    hmmm, it's working better now, so can i fix this pad?

8. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Unless you're willing to take apart your DS, there's nothing you can do to fix it besides blowing.
    I had a DS Lite with the same problem, I blew in it a few times and a week later the thing was completely fixed, or at least I never had the same problem again.

9. clegion
    OP

United States
    worth the try then , i am still trying to fix it, and i am not sure about opening my ds