wiidsguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.live365.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just wanting to know that if you use a r4 if the l and r shoulder buttons will stop worng i have had mine for over and year and i will need to sen my ds in twice now and only happen when i got a r4

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you put it in your pocket often? That may be the reason why. Blow in the small gap in both the L and R shoulder buttons. It might work after a few blows. Mine doesn't respond when I put it in my pocket as well, but works perfectly after I blow in it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
my "R" button stopped working after a time. I had to press on it so hard to make it work that my finger would hurt. nintendo told me that my warrenty was up and it would cost me $86.50 with shipping to have it looked at and fixed. obviously i wasn't about to spend that on a 2yr old ds with scratches on the touch screen, so i used a can of compressed air. the "R" button sits just by the power area and if you pull it back far enough there is a small hole between the button and the case. you can get some good air squirts in there and really clean it out. after a few tries i got it all clean and it works perfectly.

i did a bit of research around on various forums and it appears that the micro switches used for the shoulder buttons can be clogged with tiny bits of dust and dirt. to think that nintendo would probably have done the same thing. also if blowing in there with the case connected just doesn't seem to do it, and you're no longer under warrenty you can pick up a triwing screwdriver for around .99-2.00. there are a few guides to opening the case of the nds. just take your time, but you will find when its open that it is 100x easier to clean out dust and dirt.

goodluck,
-another world

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
This problem is well known and is a design flaw with all of Nintendo's handhelds since the original GBA SP. By the time it happens the warrantee is up and people who don't know better might just get a new unit. I mean why repair your DS fat with scratched screens when you can get a DS lite for just a bit more?

In business this is often called "planned obsolescence" or "scheduled obsolescence," even if it is unintentional. It's very common, especially in the electronics market (headphones!!). It's a system designed to get people to buy something they wouldn't otherwise want/need, and damn does it work.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Lmao. R4 making shoulder buttons stop working?
I have NO IDEA what would give you such an obscure idea.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Pffft. Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Thats like saying- Don't use this computer program! It will stop your keyboard from working!

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiidslover said:
I was just wanting to know that if you use a r4 if the l and r shoulder buttons will stop worng i have had mine for over and year and i will need to sen my ds in twice now and only happen when i got a r4
ROFL!! I bags putting this in my sig first =)

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awwww.... meanie
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users