Emulation Kulinary Kuestions

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yo, YouTube it's been showing me shorts every single fucking time I open it on my phone, and some of them have managed to be actually interesting.
I follow couple cooking/baking channels because I'm fat and I know it, so shorts are sometimes related to cooking.

Just saw a video of someone cooking pasta with meatballs and using a shit ton of ketchup as dressing. Then it disgusted me as I hate ketchup (yes, I know "Tomatoes are Evil" which is a popular saying in this forum).
Like... I'm wondering if Italians eats Pasta with Ketchup (just because Italy is the #1 consumer of pasta in the world) and I was hoping an Italian to actually reply.
But we'll see.
I was wondering if you guys have kulinary kuestions regarding other countrie's dishes.
If so, post them and let people from said countries answer with the truth.
Post automatically merged:

Another question I just had: Why the fuck people boils sausages?
funny-eww.gif

Why won't you fry the sausages like normal people?

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I worked as a chef for a couple of years when I was younger, there were times where it was reasonably interesting. I was only really interested in cooking sweet food though.

I'm not Italian but I'm pretty sure most Italians would consider using ketchup as sauce for pasta absolute fucking sacrelidge. The 'mainstream' way of cooking a lot of Italian dishes is considered to be 'wrong'. In the UK for example most people know spaghetti carbonara to be in a creamy sauce with ham. The traditional Italian way is completely different, the sauce is made with egg yolks and parmesan, it's served with pancetta instead of ham.

As for boiled sausages, it's not something I have done nor will I ever do, but I think the theory is something like this: By boiling the sausages in a stock of some kind, the sausages will take on some of the flavour from the stock. Then afterwards you could finish it by frying it in a pan if you wished anyway.

Reactions: JuanMena

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boiling them will remove that "meat smell" from them, as well as cook the sausages to a certain degree (unless you want them fully cooked that way).
it's up to the individual if they want to eat them with a bit of seasoning (or dry?) after they're done (or with sauces), without frying..
Alternatively, after they're done, they'd fry them for a couple minutes not much, to get that "frying" flavor, and add whatever as your seasoning etc.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Boiling them will remove that "meat smell" from them
Wrong, sausages has everything BUT meat.
Alternatively, after they're done, they'd fry them for a couple minutes not much, to get that "frying" flavor, and add whatever as your seasoning etc.
Are we talking about the same sausages?
Like, I'm talking about these:
images

But I've seen people referring to these as sausages when to me this is chorizo:
images

Sausages: Remainings of pork such as teeth, gead, feet.
Chorizo: Actual meat seasoned with spices, stuffed in intestines, aged for weeks if not months before consumption.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yo, YouTube it's been showing me shorts every single fucking time I open it on my phone, and some of them have managed to be actually interesting.
I follow couple cooking/baking channels because I'm fat and I know it, so shorts are sometimes related to cooking.

Just saw a video of someone cooking pasta with meatballs and using a shit ton of ketchup as dressing. Then it disgusted me as I hate ketchup (yes, I know "Tomatoes are Evil" which is a popular saying in this forum).
Like... I'm wondering if Italians eats Pasta with Ketchup (just because Italy is the #1 consumer of pasta in the world) and I was hoping an Italian to actually reply.
But we'll see.
I was wondering if you guys have kulinary kuestions regarding other countrie's dishes.

funny-eww.gif

But we'll see.

funny-eww.gif

also you can try:

and hope for the best.

I really do prefer this sauce:

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we talking about the same sausages?
Yes. What i meant by the "meat smell" is, by boiling them they'll will release any unwanted residue/taste from your sausages, that's why the boiling water thrown afterwards (not to be used). Again, you can do whatever after they're boiled (or close to being boiled).

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes. What i meant by the "meat smell" is, by boiling them they'll will release any unwanted residue/taste from your sausages, that's why the boiling water thrown afterwards (not to be used). Again, you can do whatever after they're boiled (or close to being boiled).
Well that's weird to me.
Sausages here in Mexico doesn't has any smell nor residues. Thus you will never see me boiling them.

Speaking of which, saw in Reddit a guy that tried sausage water with coffee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory