About Pets in Buildings/Apartments

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yo, I was wondering just now, that sometimes when I'm cleaning my turtle's tank, fam goes like; "Wow it stinks" and I'm like: "Really? I smell nothing" And this is just after 3 days of not cleaning the tank.

To be honest, I notice a bad smell from my turtle's only after 5+ days of not cleaning it's tank... but that happens when I'm feeling like not lifting a 70+ Liter tank all the way to the shower to properly clean it. Happens rarely. Also, my turtle eats very little during winter so meh.

Was wondering if you guys have had a similar experience when entering buildings/places where pets are not allowed vs buildings/places with pets allowed.

I really can't tell as everyone in my building has a dog/cat and thus, began to think if the whole building smells or something... 🤔

On a sidenote, neighbors' pets actually pees and shits on the hallways, those fuckers never lifts their pet's tish. But once every month someone cleans the whole building. Now that I'm writing this... fucking hell that's disgusting.

Last edited by JuanMena,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out my aunt kept bags of dog shit under her kitchen sink. She never smelled it, because she was around it so much. She wasn’t very mobile. She was a sweet lady. Not sure if it bothered the neighbors, but yea, still gross.

I work at peoples house and can usually tell when they have animals. I can tell you if they hav a cat, dog, or aquarium. My friends had each of those, when I was growing up, the smells are very distinct.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Found out my aunt kept bags of dog shit under her kitchen sink. She never smelled it, because she was around it so much. She wasn’t very mobile. She was a sweet lady. Not sure if it bothered the neighbors, but yea, still gross.

I work at peoples house and can usually tell when they have animals. I can tell you if they hav a cat, dog, or aquarium. My friends had each of those, when I was growing up, the smells are very distinct.
Interesting. Yes, like I said I can't smell my turtle's tank. I just asked mom about this and she said that indeed the entire building smells.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are certain smells you can become inured to. I wandered back from several months away once and found I could smell the dog, and my room smelled of old books. Can't smell either now unless my nose is right next to them.

You could go proactive if you wanted and buy an ozone generator.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your own farts will always smell better then someone else's farts
What happened to your avatar, SG854? I like the Keanu Reeves one better.
Not true. Keanu Reeves' farts smell better than yours.

EDIT: The message above was directed to @SG854, and not @M4x1mumReZ, i just quoted because you mentioned Keanu, and that was relevant to what i was going to say. ;)

Last edited by CoolMe,
  • Angry
Reactions: SylverReZ

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everything taste like Chicken? Did the Matrix get that correct?

Why does Keanu Reeves farts smell like flowers? Does the machines know what a real fart smells like?

The mysteries of life
Now, what about ghost farts? They probably smell better than yours too..

Reactions: x65943

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Appartment and condominium have the right to forbid animals in their buildings in Quebec
However, the government wants to change the law so that we are all allowed to bring our animals
I don't know if the law reversing will allow us to actually adopt an animal in every building though, since from what ive heard it will apply to animals we already own

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is a very curious change of law, and very heavy handed even by the otherwise crazy Quebec standards of overreach.
Wonder what they used to justify it, other than "it will make us popular".

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is a very curious change of law, and very heavy handed even by the otherwise crazy Quebec standards of overreach.
Wonder what they used to justify it, other than "it will make us popular".
It's about "animals discrimination" or something like that
But yea, i bet there's a lot of "it will make us popular" in that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse