Hacking ktemkin drama

DarkIaspis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the way i look at it is, if they arent all teamed up together, maybe they split into 2 teams, and we get a new fork of atmosphere that might actually get finished, or maybe some other tools they create independently :)
Unlike to see that. Those who are going to leave have no interests in development, for sure.

Reactions: softwareengineer

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
very few commits from kate in atmosphere. just look at who is doing the work to understand their contributions. no losds here imo

DarkIaspis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
kate betrayed trust and did not discuss her actions with the TEAM.

@SciresM did the right thing imo. there is no scope for unilateral disclosures like this when your in a team. it undermines the team significantly.
The point is not that one. But, being the Reswitched a team and being @SciresM a member, before than a leader, he might discuss such a decision before acting. That's the only "wrong" aspect.

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
another one bites the dust
I don't know why there is so much drama being created. Kate did a big mistake and massive breach of trust , this she was banned. That should have been the end of story. Why other devs are getting involved.
Though with sciresm and tuxSH still around, there should be no effect on the development of atmosphere

Reactions: charlieb

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i guess rei really is the savior of the scene, now

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEExit
would it be too much to ask to stop with
1. declaring individuals the saviour of the scene
2. declaring individuals the downfall of the scene
3. declaring individuals the enemy of the scene
4. deliberately dividing the scene by calling each other names?

Thank you.

DarkIaspis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Though with sciresm and tuxSH still around, there should be no effect on the development of atmosphere
Not pretty sure about that. Don't think about "coding", the projects is made of ideas and collaborations apart the design and software coding.

djp-AKA-bionic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why there is so much drama being created. Kate did a big mistake and massive breach of trust , this she was banned. That should have been the end of story. Why other devs are getting involved.

the way the whole thing went down was handled wrong.. could have been handled in a much better way imo, the @All in discord, the decision made without chatting up the rest of the team, the not giving her a chance to reply or even question her/him before going public, etc.. but what do i know.. i am just an old guy watching from the sidelines these days.

Reactions: andijames

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is not that one. But, being the Reswitched a team and being @SciresM a member, before than a leader, he might discuss such a decision before acting. That's the only "wrong" aspect.
That and, y'know, that he dragged her publicly.
would it be too much to ask to stop with
1. declaring individuals the saviour of the scene
2. declaring individuals the downfall of the scene
3. declaring individuals the enemy of the scene
4. deliberately dividing the scene by calling each other names?

Thank you.
1) 'rei is the savior of the scene' is a meme, not serious, the savior of the scene is nintendo for providing a fun console
2) the downfall of any scene is apathy, even bad news is news that will bring people to it
3) nobody has done this. there's been some pretty shit things said, but not "enemy of the scene"
4) i've been one of the few people keeping things pretty civil, why me?

HeroMines

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez I can just smell the possible memes that can be made with this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Me When I Found Out About What Happened:
Kate, Qyriad, and Aurora Were Like:

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know how some of you are calling scires childish , he is selflessly developing a cfw for the community , open sourcing it. He could have made so much money if he submitted to the bounty program. I bet lot of you would have submitted if you were in his shoes.
Of course he will be hurt, that his trusted co-developer breached a promise and submitted his work without his permission. You guys should try to see from the perspective of @SciresM
It is well explained in this post I believe:
All I can say now from this is that @SciresM should come clear about what the fuck is he doing.
I don't mean about the ban, it might be justified.
But the way it was performed and the drama around it is just obscene, probably the worst leadership skill I've ever seen and a possible cause for the final disintegration of ReSwitched, that itself would be his fault regarding how he managed this, and not @ktemkin's fault.

Again I want to state that I am not saying @ktemkin shouldn't have been banned, I don't know enough of what happened.
What I am talking about is the obscene lack of respect, generation of drama, poor and questionable leadership skills and how a long stream of terrible decisions has lead ReSwitched to chaos.

Of course I am nobody, so this will only make me doubt seriously of how much of a leader or team player @SciresM can be, but I guess I will get kind of a "mind your business" reaction and nothing else out of this post.
The problem is not the ban, but how it was handled.
Development is not carried on by one person only, but by a team.
As a leader you should take care of making it easy for the team to work well, lubricating interactions, avoiding drama.
If you fail to do that, you are a bad leader.
Trying to humiliate a member due to an error will sure make the rest of the team feel jeopardized.
May it be that next time you will be the one humiliated?
Will you also be kicked out with out any chance of defense?
If the leader has such a god complex, and works for his ego, instead of for the wellness of the team, the team disintegrates.
That is childish, that is a lack of leadership skills.
The ban might have been completely justified, the antics around it, the purposeful humiliation, and the handling that is making the team crumble were for sure not. All of this shouldn't even have been public, perhaps if they talked about it and let her know that she was going to be banned and the reasons, that might have been enough. And the communication should have been something as simple as "Unfortunately ktemkin is not part of our a team anymore. We will continue developing whatever. Blabla standard communication.", but including blame a shaming inside it just to feed your ego leads to the problems I exposed above, and are a sign of a childish lack of leadership skills.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shit so we had another bootrom exploit and kate sold it? I'm not sure I understood corrdctly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
but...but guys I'm just being "ethical" by submitting bugs to bounty programs

but this is why I have always liked the idea of teams just charging for their work and splitting the profits based on levels of contribution, when things are done on trust and honour someone will always be drawn by the siren song of cash

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast