Hacking ktemkin drama

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id like to know how SciresM knew who reported it.
Since the 4chan post went down, I can summarize what it said as a possible theory. Basically, when Ktemkin submitted the bug report, she didn't remove one or more of the author's names or something (my memory is already a bit foggy which is my own fault for not keeping the pic open) so Nintendo/Nvidia alerted everyone else on that bug report of the report itself and the rest is history.

Reactions: YigglyPoof

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
Since the 4chan post went down, I can summarize what it said as a possible theory. Basically, when Ktemkin submitted the bug report, she didn't remove one or more of the author's names or something (my memory is already a bit foggy which is my own fault for not keeping the pic open) so Nintendo/Nvidia alerted everyone else on that bug report of the report itself and the rest is history.
Out of the loop. What 4chan post?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh got a link to this rumor? Am curious.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they didn't discover the breach by looking at a new mariko? unit but looking at the bug bounty page, but as far as I can tell, the leaker isn't listed there, so...

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they didn't discover the breach by looking at a new mariko? unit but looking at the bug bounty page, but as far as I can tell, the leaker isn't listed there, so...

There's no mariko units out there. Its possible they looked at the patched unit and found it missing, but who even knows.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I don't think there's much point in keeping this thread open, to be honest. The usual suspects will take this opportunity to take stabs at the person in question, it will all go downhill from there and the mods will have to take further action.

Reactions: Deleted User

tinysolderingguy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys Kate is a she, thanks.
Before I post everyone stop commenting on what Ktemkin's gender is or how to refer to Ktemkin. Its making a lot of unnecessary work for Chary and is highly off-topic. And I am not saying this because Chary asked me too; I'm warning the rest of you for your own sake's

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX would be having a good laugh right now!

Nah. It'd afford them a few more Switches to sell to, but Nintendo turned around the fix on the first flaw fast so this will be fixed too, so its just a net loss for everyone.

Assuming it wasn't patched already.

D

Deleted-351540

Before I post everyone stop commenting on what Ktemkin's gender is or how to refer to Ktemkin. Its making a lot of unnecessary work for Chary and is highly off-topic. And I am not saying this because Chary asked me too; I'm warning the rest of you for your own sake's
This is the best post in the thread and unfortunately it will either be ripped apart by nar-nars or utterly ignored.

You've been warned by moderators and members. Enjoy your suspension.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.