knightFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nightfoxandco.com
XP
Country
Krystals DS is the review of the first game I programmed for Nintendo DS.
Using PAlib, Aslib and devkitPro R19 (Summer 2008), the game was developed in three weeks, participated in the Neo Compo of that year, remaining in 7th place.
The problem is that both versions I used of PAlib and Aslib accumulated several important bugs, combined with the evolution of flashcards and that was compiled with a very old version (and modified) of libnds, has resulted in most of current flashcards play wrong with the best, very bad in most flashcards or directly or work on some.
As this year I had little time to devote to new Ds things, I decided to redo the game from 0, using my library, the latest version of libnds and program it in C + + to test to see how it behaved in DS (both library and other DS games are programmed in C). Also, I changed all backgrounds now being animated in “Mode 7″ and the music, because I can not use mp3 format because Maxmod likes more MOD format. Also each game will be somewhat different, since the order of the backgrounds and music will be random.
Playability are also new, being more difficult to perform combos, since we will never have a piece with two gems of the same color.

You can get the project from this link:
http://www.nightfoxandco.com/index.php/main-en/workinprogress-en/krystals-ds/?lang=en
Regards!

knightFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nightfoxandco.com
XP
Country
i think hw meant YOUR font. lol

Is this game like Columns for Sega Genesis?

More or less. It's a port of a game i wrote in qbasic for a 8086 computer with ASCII graphics. It's more important to get combos to earn score that try to not fill the screen. Game will end at lv25 (on final version, now has no limit) and HI-Scores are stored on savegame.

Reactions: LeonardoFM

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i'm interested in this... Do you intend to release the final version?

How does the music in-game sound like? Like a 8 bits game?

Also, is the objective of each level is to reach a set amount of points? Say, like some Bejeweled games?

knightFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nightfoxandco.com
XP
Country
i'm interested in this... Do you intend to release the final version?

How does the music in-game sound like? Like a 8 bits game?

Also, is the objective of each level is to reach a set amount of points? Say, like some Bejeweled games?

Final version will be released when ready.
Music sounds prety much like in the video.
Objective it's get many score as posible before lv 25

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm color blind and there's not enough contrast between the purple and blue / green and yellow to allow me to play. Okay after some practice I can play. it's really hard for me but despite that I find myself drawn into this games addictive play

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol