Hacking RELEASE Kosmos patches (ES & FS)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 157,622
  • Replies 190
  • Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

novalkun

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Joonie86 did nothing, it is blawar and its Tinfoil software. Apparently it is nothing more than a seller and only those who have an SXOS license want their software to use, as well as forcing you to use a free patch called Neutos, which is suspiciously related to junk SX.

oh my god

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joonie86 did nothing, it is blawar and its Tinfoil software. Apparently it is nothing more than a seller and only those who have an SXOS license want their software to use, as well as forcing you to use a free patch called Neutos, which is suspiciously related to junk SX.

That's definitely a big yikes if true. Glad I don't need to rely on Tinfoil or that fork of atmosphere.

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite confused here. I've read through this whole thread and there's so much misinformation and 404 links that I'm not sure what to think. I'm still on FW 9.2.0 and Kosmos 15.4 with working patches and from what I can tell updating just means everything breaks.

When Kosmos updated to 15.5 the other day, the patches were listed there as an additional optional download if you wanted them, and now they are gone. The fact that the first post has no download and all links are going 404 is incredibly concerning. This seems to be a strange form of censorship. So bottom line, 10.0.0 and Kosmos 15.5+ is just not something users of sigpatches can update to?

I'll stay on 9.2.0 until something forces me to try a higher firmware, but dang, this is not instilling hope for the future.

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite confused here. I've read through this whole thread and there's so much misinformation and 404 links that I'm not sure what to think.

If you look at the first post, you can see that joonie is pretty much left the scene unfortunately. They seem to have removed all their github repositories as well.

blinky87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at the first post, you can see that joonie is pretty much left the scene unfortunately. They seem to have removed all their github repositories as well.

But if we managed to download the patches before they were taken offline, then am I right to understand they should work with 10.0.0 and Hekate? I haven't applied the patches until I find out.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's why I don rely on closed source software ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You're bound to get burned, Tinfoil might be convenient, but I prefer the added steps of downloading NSPs on my pc and installing via USB than the convenience of getting everything straight on the system and be held hostage, that and the fact I literally don't know what else Tinfoil is doing around in my system lol.

Good luck for the people that still use Tinfoil tho, really hope you guys find a way to stay using the software.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, as long as you got ALL of the mods, including the modified hekate payload. Only tinfoil won’t work if you have folders on your SD that are only used by Kosmos. Use Goldleaf instead, and be done with it.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're bound to get burned, Tinfoil might be convenient, but I prefer the added steps of downloading NSPs on my pc and installing via USB than the convenience of getting everything straight on the system and be held hostage, that and the fact I literally don't know what else Tinfoil is doing around in my system lol.

Good luck for the people that still use Tinfoil tho, really hope you guys find a way to stay using the software.

Most people do not use Kosmos or Hekate, so Tinfoil works fine for them. This may or may not surprise you, but less than 7% of Tinfoil users use Hekate or Kosmos.

Its simple, if you want to use Hekate or Kosmos, don't use Tinfoil :grog:

Reactions: MUDD_BR

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shame but I understand why he quit. Why do something for free and get burned by a developer who thinks he is god? That would also make me quit. Sad that it needs to go this way. Nobody benefits from this, only losers for that matter. Glad we’re not only relying on just one installer.

Well thanks j00nie for the hard work.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Shame but I understand why he quit. Why do something for free and get burned by a developer who thinks he is god? That would also make me quit. Sad that it needs to go this way. Nobody benefits from this, only losers for that matter. Glad we’re not only relying on just one installer.

Well thanks j00nie for the hard work.

I tried to garter some people around to code an open source alternative for Tinfoil some months ago, at least start with something that can load repositories from an https source, unfortunately we didn't go very far since there's basically no documentation for the switch hardware we were all basically PC developers. As flawed as character that dude has I have to admit he's very talented, don't know what is his agenda tho, but I hope he grows up of it for his own mentality's sake.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

I use SX OS and never have a problem with Tinfoil

HarukoNX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've gone ahead and took what Joonie started and repackaged it without the need for a special version of Hekate. I've also rebuilt their loader.kip with the source code available. I didn't include ES patches as personally I don't have any uses for them:

https://github.com/HarukoNX/Atmosphere/releases/latest

Edit: Fixed the link.

Last edited by HarukoNX,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've gone ahead and took what Joonie started and repackaged it without the need for a special version of Hekate. I've also rebuilt their loader.kip with the source code available. I didn't include ES patches as personally I don't have any uses for them:

github (dot) com (slash) HarukoNX (slash) Atmosphere (slash) releases (slash) latest

Sorry can't post links yet.
That's cool. At this point, I no longer care if tinfoil works out not, but having sigpatches available to use installed NSP files while being able to have a bootloader that you can select different payloads is a great thing.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

github (dot) com (slash) HarukoNX (slash) Atmosphere (slash) releases (slash) latest

Sorry can't post links yet.

https://github.com/HarukoNX/Atmosphere/releases/latest

Reactions: HarukoNX

HarukoNX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Edit: is this for Kosmos, or just Atmosphere + Hekate? None of my NSPs will load (unable to start software) I've checked the install several times.

That's by design.

Kosmos is just a bundle with Atmosphere and Hekate. Make sure you followed the installation instructions. Also these do not include ES patches, as I didn't have any need for them.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Kosmos is just a bundle with Atmosphere and Hekate. Make sure you followed the installation instructions. Also these do not include ES patches, as I didn't have any need for them.
So your pack would still need the ES patches besides the FS and loader one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?