Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A small question: Is there any chance that in the next update, Kosmos can add proper support for Tinfoil by modifying their fork of Atmosphère accordingly?
There's a better chance of pigs flying before that happens. First of all, AtlasNX has a rule forbidding any mention of DZ as well as anything made by Blawar. Secondly, its Blawar who instituted the restrictions not Atlas so he has to cater to Kosmos not the other way around. Thirdly, just use Awoo Installer instead.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I was asking because I still want to use that Shop fork. Is there a way to bring that functionality to Awoo so that I can continue to use you-know-what without the restrictions?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I was asking because I still want to use that Shop fork. Is there a way to bring that functionality to Awoo so that I can continue to use you-know-what without the restrictions?
Maybe but no one has shown any interest and is off-topic for this thread. Either use the shop or Kosmos, Blawar has made it so you cannot have both. There are a lots of places to get warez and title installers are a dime a dozen.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe but no one has shown any interest and is off-topic for this thread. Either use the shop or Kosmos, Blawar has made it so you cannot have both. There are a lots of places to get warez and title installers are a dime a dozen.
What if I use the fork's locations.conf with Awoo? Is it compatible with that file?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I'm sure this was just random bad luck on my side, but here's what my sd card looked like after updating to latest kosmos, (while on 9.1 switch firmware) booting into the new hekate to take a look at the usb options (not actually clicking any of them, just exiting out of the menu again) and then trying to start cfw.

I got an atmosphere error "a fatal error occured when running atmosphere and titleID 010041544d530000"

and the option to reboot by powerbutton.
after that, more errors, when putting sd card into pc, no file system found.

and finally, after chkdisk /f, thats what my sd card looked like.

since hekate/nyx loaded just as it should right after updating all the files on sd card, whatever happened, likely happened while it was loaded or during cfw startup. (also, yes, it was fat32 formatted)

Gonna take forever to get all my stuff back together:(

___

so it seems to be a reoccuring issue with that sd card now.
i can reformat it, put the atmo files back on it, boot all the way to nyx, but eventually, the same error occurs and the filesystem gets shot again. its very weird... gonna try once more after a full reformat, but that's going to take a good while

the same files on a different sd card work...

_____

after lots of formatting and trying things out, I'm now almost sure it's not actually an issue with my sd card and this new hekate might just have an issue with large sized sd cards.
Opened an issue on their github. maybe if anyone else has a spare 400gb card to test if you make it into atmosphere using latest kosmos with hekate/nyx and so on?

How unfortunate! So that's what happened to me after all.
My SD card is 128 GB and I thought it was done for.
I have three other cards like this and they all worked like a charm and they were all formatted the same way.
I did format it three times and it still does the same thing.
I did use the new USB functions of hekate on it and properly ejected before closing. Maybe that's what's causing this?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Has anyone confirmed this? My SD is 520gb so I suppose updating Kosmos is off the table.

Also I hear from Reddit that the HarukoNX sig patches linked to on Kosmos only work on FW 10.0.2. Is this true?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hbg tinfoil is great for updates, i wouldnt risk dumping them from sysnand and without the need of surfing dodgy websites.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anyone confirmed this? My SD is 520gb so I suppose updating Kosmos is off the table.

Also I hear from Reddit that the HarukoNX sig patches linked to on Kosmos only work on FW 10.0.2. Is this true?

I m on 10.0.1 abd they work well, if you get his app it downloads the right signpatches for your firmware version

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How unfortunate! So that's what happened to me after all.
My SD card is 128 GB and I thought it was done for.
I have three other cards like this and they all worked like a charm and they were all formatted the same way.
I did format it three times and it still does the same thing.
I did use the new USB functions of hekate on it and properly ejected before closing. Maybe that's what's causing this?

If you have that same issue where trying to launch cfw leads to a corrupted card, this should fix that
https://gbatemp.net/threads/kosmos-16-patches-corrupted-card-please-help.564297/#post-9042428

You can find the most recent patches that work on 10.0 2 through sdsetup website for hekate boot

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: Zumoly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got like 90% enough parts for a matx so using a dedicated G series will probably be fine.