megatron_lives

OP
Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Hi guys

I've burnt a few games so far and they all work fine but this one is impossible. I've got the Kororinpa (PAL) iso and I burnt in the same way with my other backups (verbatim DVD-R 16x at 4x with Nero) and every copy I've tried results in the Wii making a regular loud clicking sound, and then telling me with a black screen there is an error.

Does anyone have any suggestions, i'm considering trying different media

Also, just on the side, Cooking Mama (NTSC) didn;t work unless I patched it to PAL? I've heard of this before, but with this kororinpa problem I'm concern I might have a shit wiikey?

Thanks in advance

Peace

feaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try burning the game at 16x. For some weird reasons my Wii read games WAY better when they are burnt at 16x (on verbatims). I noticed that the loading times were also way faster in games like DBZ BT2 and that with 16x burnt games i will not hear any clicking sounds anymore...

If you decide to try this tell me the results please.

edit: i have a wiikey and i also have kororinpa. But can't remember if it was before or after i decided to switch to 16x speed burning...

Sonic_Crash [NL]

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i burn every game on 4x and cleared kororimpa 100% without any errors. So i don't think i can help but try to burn it at 16x.

wink2.gif

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
Try burning the game at 16x. For some weird reasons my Wii read games WAY better when they are burnt at 16x (on verbatims). I noticed that the loading times were also way faster in games like DBZ BT2 and that with 16x burnt games i will not hear any clicking sounds anymore...

If you decide to try this tell me the results please.

edit: i have a wiikey and i also have kororinpa. But can't remember if it was before or after i decided to switch to 16x speed burning...

every media has a speed which it prefers, my TY if i push em under 8x they HATE it and get really bad quality scans... do it at 12x and they love it (95% and over).... just about finding the right combination

of course to the thread creator, always make sure you have GOOD media, sounds like a DRE which = fixed by good media

feaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
i burn every game on 4x and cleared kororimpa 100% without any errors. So i don't think i can help but try to burn it at 16x.
Doesn't cost much to try. I don't really know but it's possible that there is different DVD readers (and/or other parts aswell) so all Wii will not act the same...

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i always burned my regular 16x verbs @ 4x speed but will be trying the 16x when my new order of taiyo yuden verbatims arrives.

thanks feaks

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megatron, check whether the ISO that you have has been unscrambled or not

QUOTE said:
There is a lot of confusion over which releases are already unscrambled and which aren't, and how to tell the difference.
he easiest way to determine if your image is unscrambled is by the filesize.
         Â
Hilight the file, right-click > "Properties" to see the size:
         Â
4,736,698,368 bytes == scrambled image
4,699,979,776 bytes == unscrambled image
4,700,012,544,bytes == unscrambled image (via unscrambler 0.4)
         Â
Unscrambling images only takes a few minutes and can be done either with unscrambler or Rawdump v2.0 or higher (recommended). If you receive a warning 'no seed found', then the image is already unscrambled.

megatron_lives

OP
Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
thanks guys

Mustnap, i think you might be on to something here, i have't checked yet but an unscrambled iso sounds like the problem.

On the same theme, when the roms are released it states raw dump x or tick - if it "is" a raw dump (that is a tick) does it need unscrambling?

thanks again guys

peace

megatron_lives

OP
Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
thanks brother
smile.gif

EDIT:

Still no luck, checked iso and is unscrambled - just won'thave in on the Wii

Nevermind. If anyone has ideas that would rock but for now there's more to life than making more coasters labeled Kororinpa PAL
biggrin.gif

Thanks again guys

peace

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
are you sure its not the USA version? cos that one loads of the channel screen but goes black/crashes apon entering it.

the pal one is out now anyway..

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
The US version works fine (on my US Wii). Maybe you could post the MD5 sum of the ISO and hope someone else has a working ISO to post the MD5 sum of.

megatron_lives

OP
Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
yeah guys i have pal wii and checked iso with RegionFrii and it is the PAL iso.

I'm putting it down to the combination of DVD-r, burner and Wii that can be fickle sometimes.

Update, have got the NTSC-U iso and it works fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc