Homebrew Korean 3DS Won't Update Games

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I put CFW on a Korean N2DSXL for a friend. All the menus are in Korean and I fumbled through it all somehow. But now (and maybe before) I am unable to update games. I am connected to Wifi and I'm pretty sure it updated the system firmware. I can't remember if I got it with 11.10 or if it updated. I tried changing the region to the 4th one from the bottom, which should be U.S.. Is there anything I can do to get these games to update? Do I need to VPN my router to Korea or something?

Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe if you update from the eshop it has to be to the same eshop as the game's region. otherwise, it will constantly tell you that an update is available.

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe if you update from the eshop it has to be to the same eshop as the game's region. otherwise, it will constantly tell you that an update is available.

The games are NA and maybe one or two from EU. I and my friend both live in the U.S. but she has a Korean N2DSXL.

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno...I usually just search for the update on that iso site. right now, all of my games have the latest update.
With my U.S. console, I've never had to do that. Sounds like a pain. And she's going to be wanting this thing back soon.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the games are from a different region compared to the console, you can't download the updates from that console and must dump them as a cia from a console that is the correct region so you can install them on the korean console

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the games are from a different region compared to the console, you can't download the updates from that console and must dump them as a cia from a console that is the correct region so you can install them on the korean console
Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: