Korean 3DS Won't Update Games

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Negatronic, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Negatronic
    OP

Negatronic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2017
    United States
    So I put CFW on a Korean N2DSXL for a friend. All the menus are in Korean and I fumbled through it all somehow. But now (and maybe before) I am unable to update games. I am connected to Wifi and I'm pretty sure it updated the system firmware. I can't remember if I got it with 11.10 or if it updated. I tried changing the region to the 4th one from the bottom, which should be U.S.. Is there anything I can do to get these games to update? Do I need to VPN my router to Korea or something?

Thanks.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I believe if you update from the eshop it has to be to the same eshop as the game's region. otherwise, it will constantly tell you that an update is available.

3. Negatronic
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2017
    United States
    The games are NA and maybe one or two from EU. I and my friend both live in the U.S. but she has a Korean N2DSXL.

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    dunno...I usually just search for the update on that iso site. right now, all of my games have the latest update.

5. Negatronic
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2017
    United States
    With my U.S. console, I've never had to do that. Sounds like a pain. And she's going to be wanting this thing back soon.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    not really sure if it's dependent on the games or the system region. it is pretty tedious, yes.

7. Negatronic
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2017
    United States
    Well thanks anyways. I think I'll try the VPN thing after work. If that doesn't do it I'll try your method.

8. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    if the games are from a different region compared to the console, you can't download the updates from that console and must dump them as a cia from a console that is the correct region so you can install them on the korean console

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  9. Negatronic
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2017
    United States
    Thank you.

10. Waygeek
    This message by Waygeek has been removed from public view by Minox, Jul 21, 2019, Reason: Not the EoF.
    Jul 20, 2019