*Korean 2DS* Theme Selection Option not showing up?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AegisAlex, Jul 4, 2017.

1. AegisAlex
    OP

AegisAlex Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    I'm having trouble with theme selection. I'm running a cfw Old 2ds from Korea with the latest luma3ds. When I try to get a theme on themely, I'm given the "Failed to open SaveDate.dat. Try selecting one of the default themes on the home menu settings before trying again."

However, my 2ds doesn't have the theme selection option available, as shown here. Checking nintendo support, they tell me I have to update my system.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...Cw/h2048/b09e3353-31b9-43ec-b4d2-39d75c9fc0a5

My 2ds is fully updated to the most recent update, at 11.4.0-33K.

As suggested by people in the custom theme thread, I tried reformatting my system memory and then restoring the nand backup, and there's no luck. Someone in that thread suggested that I may have Frankenfirmware? Is there anything I can do to get the theme management functionality at all?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    Maybe it was never implemented in kor region? Sounds really wierd.. I would check if using badge arcade will fix the problem however it doesnt sound likely...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Badge arcade is a free game on eshop which will add some function to this quick menu, maybe update it and refresh it, and maybe your system will then remember it has themes..? Sounds not likely but you got nothing to lose

3. AegisAlex
    OP

AegisAlex Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    I'm not sure if it was implemented or not. I also don't know if badge arcade is available in KOR Eshop. Does anyone else know anyone with a Korean 3DS/2DS that can help clear up the air?

4. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    I think it really is a frankenfirmware, official 11.4 firm is 11.4.0-35X and you have 11.4.0-33K (11.4 firm with 11.0 browser)

5. AegisAlex
    OP

AegisAlex Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
  6. zweilous

zweilous Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
  7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Even if that was the case, it shouldn't matter. The home menu should still be updated to the latest 11.4 version, so themes should work.
    Plus, themes were implemented back in 9.0, his home menu would have to be really outdated for themes not to work.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jul 4, 2017
  8. AegisAlex
    OP

AegisAlex Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Lmao thanks for the help. Is there anyway to have themes available on my 2ds, or am I relegated to a themeless existence?

9. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    You can always region switch your 2ds.

10. AegisAlex
    OP

AegisAlex Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Ooh sounds complicated and dangerous lmao. Is it possible to do if you're inexperienced and have no idea what you're doing?

11. RosaliinaDaHacker64

RosaliinaDaHacker64 3DS font intermediate/expert

Oct 7, 2015
    Ireland
    F:\gm9\out
    It's quite easy, you do CTR Transfer thing.

https://3ds.guide/region-changing