Konami's New Silent Hill Game: A Slot Machine

It isn't easy to think of anything nice to say about Konami right now. Between the cutting of ties with Kojima, the innate focus on mobile gaming being the companies' future, and the abrupt takedown of Silent Hill.

However, Konami still seems to think they have something for those upset Silent Hill fans. And their latest gamble sure isn't paying off for them. Their latest reveal trailer, posted above, has about 99% dislikes, and the sheer brutality in the comments would make a 4chan troll weep with happiness.

It's no surprise that Konami decided to continue along its path of gambling machines and the mobile scene, but the fact that they could bring one of their biggest franchises so low, has the fans in an uproar.

Konami, you've hit a new low. I only wish this were a late April fools joke. Instead, I'm sure I can look begrudgingly to the future of Metal Gear Solid card games and Castlevania themed pachinko.

1372026622377257575.gif

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
they've been doing it for ages, why is this suddenly surprising? it's their main money making branch, and this isn't the first major franchise to be slapped on one of their slot/pachinko mchines ... wake up, or is it just fun to hate on Konami nowadays?

Reactions: CathyRina

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they've been doing it for ages, why is this suddenly surprising? it's their main money making branch, and this isn't the first major franchise to be slapped on one of their slot/pachinko mchines ... wake up, or is it just fun to hate on Konami nowadays?
well before they still made games so people didn't gave a f*ck. Nowadays Konami has lot's of bad PR.

Reactions: jDSX and NeroAngelo

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... fuck you.

Just fuck you.

Any company that makes slot-machines based on their non-gambling franchise is fucking evil. I get the game is M/18+, but it's still a video-game. I don't see any reason to make this abomination, other than promoting gambling to younger kids.

The city I was born in had an arcade space. There were many coin-ops and a bunch of slot-machines. We were kids and we played coin-ops where we blew zombies' heads off, sure, but it was fun and it involved skill, that's why it was fun. I played a lot of Bubble Bobble and some shoot training arcade and it was fun. No kid ever touched the slot-machines because they looked boring, and that's how you are supposed to make them: only interesting for adults. This was more than 10 years ago.

Now slot-machines are all shiny and cartoony and, in worst cases, they use others' franchises. And Konami is part of this dangerous trend as well.

Fuck you. You are evil. I hope your shitty slot-machine gets bootleg'd to death by coinfree slot-machines just to ""play"" the story.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
what's funny is that everyone bitching will probably line up at midnight to buy MGS5 come September lol
That's the last game that many console gamers will purchase from Konami. Well, there's also PES but FIFA has taken over it so barely anyone gives a shit about the PES franchise.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
That's the last game that many console gamers will purchase from Konami. Well, there's also PES but FIFA has taken over it so barely anyone gives a shit about the PES franchise.
now that's the thing i DO hate about Konami, I wish they sold off the rights to their heavy hitter games instead of just letting them die :(

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's chatter and rumours of Konami selling off some of its IP's (Nintendo buying up some of the Hudson Soft titles Konami owns), so we can hope that eventually their big-hitters will end up in the hands of developers that care about them. It would be great to see more Metal Gear made by Platinum... and if Capcom were to get Silent Hill we might look forward to a Silent Hill/Resident Evil crossover... in our dreams.
...but this travesty is more nightmarish than anything concocted in any previous Silent Hill project!

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It isn't easy to think of anything nice to say about Konami right now. Between the cutting of ties with Kojima, the innate focus on mobile gaming being the companies' future, and the abrupt takedown of Silent Hill.

However, Konami still seems to think they have something for those upset Silent Hill fans. And their latest gamble sure isn't paying off for them. Their latest reveal trailer, posted above, has about 99% dislikes, and the sheer brutality in the comments would make a 4chan troll weep with happiness.

It's no surprise that Konami decided to continue along its path of gambling machines and the mobile scene, but the fact that they could bring one of their biggest franchises so low, has the fans in an uproar.

Konami, you've hit a new low. I only wish this were a late April fools joke. Instead, I'm sure I can look begrudgingly to the future of Metal Gear Solid card games and Castlevania themed pachinko.

1372026622377257575.gif

Same with Castlevania Erotic Violence... Those damn pachinko machines.... I thought it was legit happening.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silent Hills is for me the biggest loss of a video game that will never be finished. It looked phenomenal, and P.T. was fucking horrifying and fantastic. Silent Hill was by far my favorite horror game franchise, and Silent Hills looked like it was going yo reign supreme as the best and most horrifying. Game in the franchise.

Granted, Kojima and Del Toro are still gonna make a horror game, and I bet it will be fucking fantastic. Still it is a shame to me that it won't be a Silent Hill game, and I can't imagine they'll be using Norman Reedus either, and he looked perfect as the lead for this kind of game.

To see my favorite horror game franchise fall to this is truly heartbreaking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back