Konami's New Silent Hill Game: A Slot Machine

It isn't easy to think of anything nice to say about Konami right now. Between the cutting of ties with Kojima, the innate focus on mobile gaming being the companies' future, and the abrupt takedown of Silent Hill.

However, Konami still seems to think they have something for those upset Silent Hill fans. And their latest gamble sure isn't paying off for them. Their latest reveal trailer, posted above, has about 99% dislikes, and the sheer brutality in the comments would make a 4chan troll weep with happiness.

It's no surprise that Konami decided to continue along its path of gambling machines and the mobile scene, but the fact that they could bring one of their biggest franchises so low, has the fans in an uproar.

Konami, you've hit a new low. I only wish this were a late April fools joke. Instead, I'm sure I can look begrudgingly to the future of Metal Gear Solid card games and Castlevania themed pachinko.

1372026622377257575.gif

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You act like Uwe Boll came up with the idea.

I like this and its remake, lol. But seriously, I've never even touch SH (I'm a lady that's quite easy to scare :S) but to go from making a highly desired game to cancelling it, firing your main game producer, abusing your workers, and focusing on slot machines WITH the added irony of using your past game as a shtick? Even I feel bad, wow.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just play devil's advocate, this was exactly what Konami wanted. They were spending too much money on their AAA games, and were not making much money back, so they wanted to get rid of their AAA game division which was costing them more money then they had and start using all their popular IPs to make slot machines that actually sell in Japan. In fact Konami's slot machine business was what was paying for all the AAA games to begin with.

Bad news is gamers will suffer, the same way KoF fans suffered from SNK's switch into slot machine only business. But don't think for a moment this is a bad business move for Konami, their slot machines have been their bread and butter for quite some time now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: