OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
mascot.gif
Knytt Stories DS v1.0
Update

knyttstoriesdsv1.jpg

Knytt Stories DS is a port of the freeware platform game made by Nicklas "Nifflas" Nygren. After 2 years of development the DS version is ready for a final release. Please read the included readme for more information. If you experience problems try the "compatibility build."

download.gif
Download (43.8 MB)
icon11.gif
Project Homepage
icon11.gif
F.A.Q.
discuss.png
Discuss

Contributed by rrc2soft

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!! This is one of the most polished Homebrew efforts I've ever seen, great work with this
yay.gif
!!

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bravo, I must commend you and anyone else involved for bringing this quality homebrew title to the DS. I'm enjoying it immensely.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait wtf its been working for a long ass time I have had all of the games on my ds for a while only thing they needed to fix was the sound. this is old news

D

Deleted User

Man18 said:
Man18 said:
wait wtf its been working for a long ass time I have had all of the games on my ds for a while only thing they needed to fix was the sound. this is old news
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=159605&hl=knytt

its been posted somewhere before this just need to find it.

In first post (discussion thread)
Note that this is an alpha version. Most stories will not have all the elements needed by the gameplay (critters, scenarios,...), and other stories will be completely unplayable.

rrc2soft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man18 said:
its been perfect since all playable

Nope
lecture.gif
, please check HERE and you will see there was plenty of things that needed to be fixed. That's the reason it was called a "Beta"
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, glad you are all enjoying it!
gbasp.gif

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^commercial games have a shit load of people working on one thing, homebrew is one or a few people working on something that they are not going to get paid for and are just generally doing it out of love for what they are doing so things like this will be very rare we would be getting a lot better stuff if they could pull off an itouch itunes deal where you pay a small amount for something and that one individual makes a fair amount of cash which would encourage them to make more stuff.

long story short the homebrew community is small so gems like these are a dime a dozen and most homebrew is shit but who cares

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Superb. I've noticed a few things since the last beta.

Controls appear to be tighter, more responsive
More sound FX added [death,lasers]
More GFX overlays [noticeable in "a strange dream" underground sections]

Have some of level assets been pre converted to the DS [sounds file formats and opening cut screen pics]? I saw a few raw sound files in a couple of directories in the level expansion pack.

Ran into a couple of freeze issues with the new binary using AK2i/ Supercard DSONEi. Though this may been down to beta OS software/heavily fragmented memory card. The compatibility binary ran fine.

Tried a few levels. The Great Race by B-man failed. map.bin too big?

It would be cool if there was a wiki/user resource for some kind of Knytt Stories DS levels compatibility list.

Thanks for all your hard work over the past two years in bringing this awesome game to the DS.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wow, what a great effort

i love the original knytt stories, and this is very true to it. I'd say this is one of the best homebrews for the ds. glad you chose this game for a ds remake, as it is a game with so much soul.

kudos
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag