Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
know-your-game-png.98377

This new session starts with @jDSX. Our furry fellow will receive questions related to Suikoden ][!
Is it really one of the best RPG ever?

suikoden-ii-listing-thumb-01-us-09dec14

RULES and info:
These are done in the same fashion as KYT. The public asks the questions, the questioned answers.
You may ask questions about the game, the persons experiences with the game, and generally topics relating to said game.
Interviews last 3 days.
NO HENTAI games.
NO QUICK TEMPLATES (I see any and you're kicked).
And lastly NO HATERS.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-game-signups.448911/

and without further ado, ask away. :grog:

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get all 108 characters from S1 and load the save on S2?
Enjoyed Suikoden on DS?
Watched the anime Suikoden: Demon Century and catch the very minute link?

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get all 108 characters from S1 and load the save on S2?
Not at first because when I first played it, I didn't have the first suikoden back then. I do now when I go back and play it.
Enjoyed Suikoden on DS?
There is a suikoden on DS? (No)
Watched the anime Suikoden: Demon Century and catch the very minute link?
Yeah a long time ago very bummed out never got one for any of the actual games, III could of had one easily and V.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shui Hu Zhuan is rendered as 水滸伝 in Japanese, and read phonetically as Suikoden or water margin
Okay. Thanks for that response. I appreciate it, but can't quite say it answers the question i really should've been asking: what does the game name mean in relation to the game around it? The Japanese origin is interesting, but... Is the series revolving around something with a water divide or something? :unsure:

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Thanks for that response. I appreciate it, but can't quite say it answers the question i really should've been asking: what does the game name mean in relation to the game around it? The Japanese origin is interesting, but... Is the series revolving around something with a water divide or something? :unsure:

Interesting question

"The water margin is about tells of how a group of 108 outlaws gather at Mount laign (or Liangshan Marsh) to form a sizable army before they are eventually granted amnesty by the government and sent on campaigns to resist foreign invaders and suppress rebel forces."

Now suikoden is loosely based off of the water margin itself and can be considered a retelling of the classical tale, where you gather 108 stars of destiny and fight off a army as a rebellion.

Sorry if this isn't your answer but it's the best I could come up with.

Reactions: Taleweaver

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Story in s1 vs s2?
Suikoden II but not by that much

Also suikoden ds sux
I wish it didn't konami could of put more effort into it

There was a bug in S1, where you couldn't safe after final boss. So i never got final save....
After the final boss in suikoden 1 you watch the end scenes, there was a final save before that fight to the far left. Unless your thinking of suikoden V?

S3,4? 5?
Looking back at the PS2 titles I'd say all of them were good but with gameplay I'd go S5>S3>S4, story-wise S3>S5>S4

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suikoden 1 vs Suikoden 2 = SMB3 vs SMWorld...

Super Mario World is clearly, obviously the better game, so much so that we shouldn't even compare the 2, but there's just something magical about Mario 3 that makes me prefer it, and go back to it more than World... maybe it's the bigger nostalgia trip I dunno.

Reactions: VinsCool

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can you get all 108 characters in Suiko 4 only if you get all of them in suiko 3 only if you get all of them in suiko 2 only if you get 108 in suiko 1 ?
I missed 2 or 3 characters in suiko 1 and because of that never wanted to start Suiko2 knowing I can't get everything from it :(
same reason I didn't play the other games from the series. damn you, Suiko 1 !
(I don't remember if suiko 5 had the option to load previous game's save)

Oh, do you know and played SuikoGaiden series too?

Do you know all suikodens are supposed to be the same setup and characters but in parallel worlds?

I hope I'd have enough time to know and play all of them.

Last edited by Cyan,

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you get all 108 characters in Suiko 4 only if you get all of them in suiko 3 only if you get all of them in suiko 2 only if you get 108 in suiko 1 ?
Suikoden IV is the first in the timeline and because of that you can't transfer data like you can going into suikoden III from II

I missed 2 or 3 characters in suiko 1 and because of that never wanted to start Suiko2 knowing I can't get everything from it :(
Honestly you can still play suikoden II without transferring data you would only miss out on small things story related on the other hand you won't be able to have certain things from S1 that would transfer to S2 from characters including Lvs and items

same reason I didn't play the other games from the series. damn you, Suiko 1 !
(I don't remember if suiko 5 had the option to load previous game's save)
After S3 being the last one in the timeline, none of them had transfer since IV was the beginning and V came after it then of course I, II and III.

Oh, do you know and played SuikoGaiden series too?
No I watched LP on YT back awhile ago on I think it was vol 2 battle at something (can't remember it's name lol)

Do you know all suikodens are supposed to be the same setup and characters but in parallel worlds?
By setup you mean world right :P yeah I know.

I hope I'd have enough time to know and play all of them.
They are great games I'd give them I-V a chance if not at least II and III. Most of them are on the easy side, save for IV because of it's mechanics.

Reactions: Cyan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: