Know Your Game: Medabots

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by rikumax25!, Jan 9, 2017.

1. rikumax25!
    OP

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    So welcome to another session of KYG (with your replacement temporal host :D), today we'll be talking to @Tex_McBladeSword about Medabots (as a series?..... idk):tpi:

RULES and info
    interviews take place Mon-wed and thur-sat

You may ask questions about the game . the persons experiences with the game . and generally topics relating to said game .

Interviews last 3 days.
    NO HENTAI games
    NO QUICK TEMPLATES(I see any and your kicked)
    and lastly NO HATERS

upcoming sessions

2. Tex_McBladeSword

Tex_McBladeSword Im Insane! From Earth!

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    Hey hey! Ive played most games in the series and have taken part in localization movements as well as other fan projects relating to the series.

I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have!

3. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Medabots! Memories as a child, loved it.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Which version of medabots AX do you prefer?

Shingata Medarot or Medarot Core?

Did I miss out by not doing much for Infinity on the gamecube?

If I am to go back and look at the GBA medabots games should I translate (or at least the hacking part) Shingata or Navi?

Medabots or Robopon 2?

5. Tex_McBladeSword

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    - Which version of medabots AX do you prefer?
    Im not a particular fan of either, but when in doubt Im more of a Kuwagata Version guy

- Shingata Medarot or Medarot Core?
    If by Core you mean the GBA remake of 2, then that. If you're referring to Perfect Edition, the Wonderswan remake of the first game, then it's hard to say but probably still Perfect Edition. Although to be fair I have not played very far into Shingata so I may be biased

- Did I miss out by not doing much for Infinity on the gamecube?
    Not really, no. It had potential but really the only good part of it was the multiplayer battles

- If I am to go back and look at the GBA medabots games should I translate (or at least the hacking part) Shingata or Navi?
    Navi for sure. Even with only playing a little bit of Shingata, Navi is probably the best spinoff game out there IMO

- Medabots or Robopon 2?
    as silly as it is, Ive only ever actually played Robopon 1... While Robopon definitely is one of the closer games in terms of gameplay, I think I would still take Medabots over it

6. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    so which genre of games are these ?
    who's your favorite character in the series ?
    you favorite piece of OST ? ( post it here)

7. Tex_McBladeSword

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    - so which genre of games are these ?
    Primarily RPGs, although the battle system is very unique. Im not quite sure how to describe it, but more or less, think of it like Custom Robo but with a tactics spin I suppose?

- who's your favorite character in the series ?
    Whew, that is a tough one. I dont know if I could pick one particular human character, although if I had to pick one favorite medabot it would probably be Wind Clap http://i.imgur.com/reYZr7N.png
    (That isnt to say it isnt a VERY hard choice, there are over 900 to choose from at this point)

- you favorite piece of OST ?
    ALSO a very tough question, since I personally have numerous favorites, but the original battle theme is always a good choice and it has been remixed throughout the series

Last edited by Tex_McBladeSword, Jan 11, 2017