Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gallery_111084_186_116713.gif

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest is a long anticipated user mod for the OpenBOR engine. This mod is a nod in the direction of classic 2D side-scrolling quest-based Dungeon & Dragons video games. It features many characters, unlockables, special moves, and more. Be sure to check the source link for more information and to get involved with the official discussion.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Reactions: 1 person

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yeah, the initial loading takes about 2 minutes on the PSP. at first it just sat there like it does in your video. i thought perhaps it was frozen, then it loaded. i've had other large mods take a bit to load and i've come to accept this as part of the modding process.

each stage also has a small loading time, but then they play through smoothly.

apparently the large file size is due to the audio. the audio folder is 401MB. some of the ogg files have a variable bit rates well over 400kbps. i just read a post where someone said they reencoded everything and got the mod down to 100 megs. i'm curious if this would also speed up load time.

i don't know if openbor could be optimized for the psp, if mods could be optimized differently, if there would be tricks that could be implemented, like waiting to load somethings while the long story plays? the mod is still actively discussed so perhaps the author will read some concerns and make an update or two.

one thing i would really like to see added to this mod, either by the developer or by a 3rd party, would be the inclusion of more special moves. the game feels pretty epic but the character's only have 3 special moves. this doesn't fit the feel of the game. the fighter can't run, the mage only knows 3 spells, etc. i'm not really that familiar with openbor development, but as i understand it new scrips would need to be implemented as well as new sprites developed. hopefully someone will start a project to update this mod by adding some of these missing fighting elements.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this game was updated.

Change Log said:
Fixed music and sfx (thanks to BeasTie for this!) now the file is much more smaller to download (160 MB)

Added a LEVEL UP system; for now it is sort of "fake", when you level up you only gain max health and mp, but i hope to add a permaent augment in the attribute in the future.

you can grab the new file from the source link above.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1